Band Fail: Bass player hits singer and singer smacks back

11 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Billastro
(@billastro)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

I've never seen anything like this before, even apart from the collisions. Who are these guys? Who paid them to perform? Who listens to them? The list goes on and on. I

FFI: http://lokalrunde.org/

Billastro

This topic was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Billastro

Posted : June 23, 2021 5:39 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Here is an album by a band Frank Zappa said is better than the Beatles and this album on YouTube has over 1 million listens. And David Bowie said it was the most unique and refreshing thing he ever heard. 

These girls never took lesson and didn't know beans about music but their dominating father wanted them to be music stars and paid for the recording session. The engineer told the father he was waisting his money but because of Zappa this album is a curious record to many people for years. 

The Shaggs!!

Posted : June 23, 2021 6:49 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Here is another odd album. Kurt Cobain loved this album and thought it was ahead of it's time. 

Posted : June 23, 2021 7:20 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

The Shaggs with My Pal Foot Foot.

Frank Zappa thought this was one of their better ones. 

Posted : June 23, 2021 9:40 pm
Billastro
(@billastro)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

https://www.amazon.com/Songs-Key-Curious-Universe-Outsider/dp/1556523726/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3PKOZU20PW61E&dchild=1&keywords=songs+in+the+key+of+z&qid=1624548409&sprefix=songs+in+the+key+of+z%2Caps%2C185&sr=8-1

Billastro

This post was modified 3 years ago by Billastro

Posted : June 24, 2021 11:30 am
Billastro
(@billastro)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

With my wife's help I finally figured out that the song is "Just the Two of Us". Here's Bill Withers' version:

I bet nobody knocked him down -- twice! -- when he was singing this.

Billastro

Posted : June 24, 2021 4:25 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

@billastro  That is the version on the radio back then but the DJ always said it was by Grover Washington Jr.  Then I was at a party where someone had bought the Grover Washington Jr album and when I was looking it over on Just the Two Of Us,  Bill Withers was credited as the vocalist.  I think most of the album was jazz instrumentals. 

Isn't this the same track? 

This post was modified 3 years ago by robertdee

Posted : June 24, 2021 4:46 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Maybe in a different universe this is Dickey on lead guitar and Butch Trucks on drums:) he he.

Posted : June 24, 2021 4:56 pm
Billastro
(@billastro)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

@robertdee Yes, it is. YouTube isn't the most reliable source for info, but most times it gets the job done.

Billastro

Posted : June 24, 2021 5:10 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

.Aww. They broke up.  

This post was modified 3 years ago by robertdee

Posted : June 24, 2021 5:12 pm
robertdee
(@robertdee)
Famed Member

Bands that needed to break up. About 2/3 through a guitar player gets smacked in the head very hard for being so lousy. 

Posted : June 24, 2021 5:55 pm
Share: