Life in 12 Bars

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
tenorsfan
(@tenorsfan)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Just saw Eric Clapton Life in 12 Bars. Well worth seeing. Duane gets his place. He has footage, but I think we've seen it before. There's a part where it looks like they're playing together on stage, but I think it was just constructed. You don't get the impression Duane would have had any future with Eric, Eric sure went through the people. Film dwells a lot on his demons, maybe instead it should have thanked him for all that amazing music he gave the world. I think I like him better after seeing it. The way they flung around the drugs and booze, we're sure lucky that fentanyl wasn't around then. We wouldn't have had any music.

Posted : February 11, 2018 12:12 am
PeachNutt
(@peachnutt)
Reputable Member

I wish Eric had said more about Duane but he did say they were "inseparable" during their time together... I thought that was great. I don't think Duane was in the few seconds of Derek & The Domino's stage film. Cool
[Edited on 2/11/2018 by PeachNutt]

Posted : February 11, 2018 1:04 pm
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

I was disappointed. I didn't feel they captured the dynamic that Eric and Duane shared.

Posted : February 12, 2018 5:23 am
paulw718
(@paulw718)
Eminent Member

I was disappointed. I didn't feel they captured the dynamic that Eric and Duane shared.

Now, I don't mean to be mean or anything. I love Duane as much as anyone but you do understand that Life in 12 bars is about Eric Clapton. It isn't about Duane and it's not about Duane's connection to Clapton. It was about Eric Clapton. So, I am sorry if I seem like a douche but this is the reality of it.

Posted : February 12, 2018 11:27 am
philipag
(@philipag)
Eminent Member

It would have been nice if they had more on the Duane/Eric collaboration, but as Paul said the focus is understandably on EC. I was just relieved that Whitlock didn't say anything negative. After some comments he has made over the last few years, I was bracing myself for more of the same. Thankfully they didn't go there.

Posted : March 13, 2018 11:21 am
PeachNutt
(@peachnutt)
Reputable Member

I agree Philipag, Bobby has said some things about Duane that I found offensive....... But I did like BW saying "The Allman Brothers were Duane's band, he ran that band"....

Posted : March 14, 2018 3:31 pm
philipag
(@philipag)
Eminent Member

I agree Philipag, Bobby has said some things about Duane that I found offensive....... But I did like BW saying "The Allman Brothers were Duane's band, he ran that band"....

Some of BW's comments have left me saddened, angered and baffled since they seemed to have no basis in reality and contradicted earlier comments he had made, as well as everything EC has said about Duane and his contribution to LAOALS. Thankfully none of that found it's way onto this - I don't think EC would have allowed it.

Posted : March 15, 2018 9:54 am
Share: