The Allman Brothers Band
Notifications
Clear all

Duane would have been 71 today...  

Billastro
(@billastro)
Extreme Peach

Duane Allman was born 71 years ago today. I, and millions of others, still miss him. He cast an incredibly long shadow on the field of music, and his influence will never be surpassed. He was a true genius.

Billastro

Topic starter Posted : November 20, 2017 3:11 pm
chucknc
(@chucknc)
Peach Bud

I'll second those emotions. Remembered and missed here as well. Duane's music was so full of life that it seems to speak to me just like he's still here. His playing -- and a great many of the songs he played on -- have aged very well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 21, 2017 6:13 pm
homeboy
(@homeboy)
Peach Master

Duane Allman was born 71 years ago today. I, and millions of others, still miss him. He cast an incredibly long shadow on the field of music, and his influence will never be surpassed. He was a true genius.

Billastro

Amen to that

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 21, 2017 11:11 pm
tenorsfan
(@tenorsfan)
Peach Head

I don't know that I'd say his influence will never be surpassed, guys just don't seem to play in his style anymore, really notice it on slide, they're always a disappointment. But I would more say, his music will never be surpassed. It was like music itself put everything it had into old Duane, and when it lost him, it just gave up, and left people to do what they could, as if it could never find another one of him. That song American Pie should have been written about him.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 21, 2017 11:23 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Peach Extraordianire

Truer words.....great posts -- there isn't the musician who ranged as far afield into so many genres of music than Duane, especially in the short time he was here

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 22, 2017 8:01 am
Evansf
(@evansf)
Peach Head

I think Duane would be amazed how far the ABB went through it's formative years (1973, 1979, 1989-2000 and beyond. I think he would have said, "I sure miss my bay bruh and there's no point in continuing."

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 17, 2017 3:14 pm
Share: