(@billastro)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Billastro

Posted : April 25, 2018 5:23 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

The coolest -- awesome find -- out on someone's lawn, people dancing in the yard & good closeups of none other than a young BO -- thanks Bill! 😀

Posted : April 26, 2018 11:02 am
Billastro
(@billastro)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

The coolest -- awesome find -- out on someone's lawn, people dancing in the yard & good closeups of none other than a young BO -- thanks Bill! 😀

You're welcome! I heard about this from a friend in England and had to pass it along. Enjoy!

Billastro

Posted : May 2, 2018 4:43 pm
homeboy
(@homeboy)
Estimable Member

Whoa, very cool.
Thanks

Posted : May 3, 2018 3:47 am
paulw718
(@paulw718)
Eminent Member

I just found this on Youtube. It must be a history of the Roemans. At he beginning, Berry isn't in the group but he shows up somewhere in the middle. I didn't watch the whole thing so I don't know how much of Berry is included so, take a look:

Here is one with Berry playing the bass with a ladle. Really!

There seem to be several videos of the Roemans on Youtube. SO instead of me posting links to them, just go to Youtube and search for "the Roemans"

[Edited on 5/3/2018 by paulw718]

Posted : May 3, 2018 5:34 am
pixielf
(@pixielf)
Honorable Member

WOW! Cool find for sure! Thanks!

Posted : May 7, 2018 5:49 am
Billastro
(@billastro)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Time to give this a bump to the top.

Billastro

Posted : August 22, 2022 4:30 pm
Rusty
(@rusty)
Famed Member

I actually have a 2-3 "stage of separation" with Tommy Roe.  He grew up in one of the neighborhoods that I lived in when I was a kid (Atlanta's West End) - he attended the same schools that I did (me 15 years later).  One of my cousins' husband is friends with Tommy.  Tommy was basically a bubble-gum pop star i the 60's.  How many people can say that the Beatles opened shows for them?  Only Tommy and Little Richard to my knowledge.  He actually still plays from time to time (80 years old).

I know!  This is about Berry!  I've got one for that, too!  I think those clips were videotaped for American Bandstand at Birmingham's, Vulcan Park.  You can't tell, but it overlooks the city (Birmingham was a small place back then).  The HS that I graduated from is just down the hill from where these folks are partying.  Can't see that, either.  

/p>

Posted : August 22, 2022 5:31 pm
Billastro
(@billastro)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

I believe Tommy's first hit was "Sheila" where he sounded a lot like Buddy Holly, even to Buddy's quirks. But he found his own voice, and had some enjoyable bubble-gum pop songs.

Billastro

Posted : August 23, 2022 10:57 am
Share: