2,368 Posts
15 Users
106 Likes
45.2 K Views
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Another national "holiday" so the bloke is apparently not allowed to wiggle his toes. Cool  

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : August 6, 2022 6:54 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Wiggle Toes O-Rama!

Posted : August 6, 2022 7:08 am
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Saw an Atlanta 80's cover band last night at a festival in our town - Electric Avenue.  They were very good.

Going to a wedding reception tonight for one of our neighbor's kids ... 

Posted : August 6, 2022 5:42 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
Famed Member

Prolly had to hire extra security for that wedding reception...... Laugh  

"My friends say I'm ugly I got a masculine face." Tom Waits

Posted : August 6, 2022 6:08 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
Famed Member

Unbearably hot and humid again today heat index of 110 Sad  

Posted : August 6, 2022 6:12 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

Posted by: @lee

Another national "holiday" so the bloke is apparently not allowed to wiggle his toes. Cool  

That's a relief ... wiggling toes is not good for my arthritis ...

Posted : August 6, 2022 7:03 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

I just heard from one of my oral surgeons. They are extracting one tooth which is no big deal. He said they need to do a sinus and ridge augmentation. That is the next surgery. I have no idea wott that entails but it doesn't sound like much fun. And I will be awake the entire time they are doing it. That really sucks. They typically don't put you under.

Posted : August 6, 2022 7:34 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @harvey

You have toe arthritis? Must be painful!

Posted : August 6, 2022 7:57 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

You have toe arthritis? Must be painful!

Thanks for the concern ... actually the big toe joints that are affected are generally not too bad ... my ankles are the worst ... difficult to walk more than a mile or so these days ... courtesy of playing too much soccer in my younger days ... hey ho ... I'm still breathing much to the annoyance of her indoors Sweaty

Posted : August 7, 2022 7:10 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

I just heard from one of my oral surgeons. They are extracting one tooth which is no big deal. He said they need to do a sinus and ridge augmentation. That is the next surgery. I have no idea wott that entails but it doesn't sound like much fun. And I will be awake the entire time they are doing it. That really sucks. They typically don't put you under.

Hope all goes well ... just put on some headphones and listen to Gov't Mule while they do the op ... but try to remember not to get up to go to the bar when Rocking Horse comes on ...

Posted : August 7, 2022 7:13 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Good Morning.  Had over 5 inches of rain in the rain gauge yesterday - and more to come today.  Grass will be a foot high by the time I can cut it ...

Sounds painful Lee - good luck!

Posted : August 8, 2022 11:10 am
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
Famed Member

Still super dry here but at least today the high is only supposed to reach 80, much appreciated break from the heat.

Hope everything goes well for Colin & Lee!

Posted : August 8, 2022 11:47 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooood 'ol Rainy Monday! This weather really screws but my reception because pretty much everything on the building is done through a satellite on the roof. Weather interferes with the signal. If the TV goes out it isn't really a big deal. Just no TV. But if the internet goes out I can be screwed. Sometimes it goes out anyway and I have to have a signal sent. It can be a pain. Storms rolled through this morning and I lost both. If it is just a pause I guess I can live with it but if I am in a Zoom or Teams meeting I am really in trouble. People don't take kindly to that. But they are somewhere with an IT department and better support. I am sitting on my couch. They don't care to consider that. And I know the possibility of something happening and I offer to go into their office and they still refuse. 

People are weird.

Posted : August 8, 2022 3:49 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Hope all goes well ... just put on some headphones and listen to Gov't Mule while they do the op ... but try to remember not to get up to go to the bar when Rocking Horse comes on ...

Funny you said that. In one of my surgeries the surgeon asked me wott kind of music I liked. I said classic rock, blues, Motown, anything along those lines. He asked if I liked hard rock and I said that was fine. So he put his iTunes or whatever on and while they were inflicting pain I was listening to The Scorpions and Guns N Roses. 

Hey, it could have been worse. He could have liked Britney Spears.

I've actually seen The Scorpions and they were really good. Tesla opened and I love them.

Posted : August 8, 2022 4:02 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Thanks for the well wishes guys. I just found out about this Saturday night so I don't really know wott to think. One of the surgeons tried explaining it to me but I didn't understand. I guess the bone isn't enough so they need to put bone into by from some other source. You don't want to know where the bone could come from based on wott I found. 

Posted : August 8, 2022 4:17 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

In other news, who changes the title around here? He can't be on a golf course. 😎 

Posted : August 8, 2022 4:28 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Yes, I was on the golf course ..... 

Posted : August 9, 2022 2:20 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

@sang 

For a month? Sounds pretty lazy to me... 😎 

Posted : August 9, 2022 3:35 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood 'ol Melon Day! I happen to like melons. Cool  

Posted : August 9, 2022 3:59 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Beautiful day here today. About as perfect as you could get. Sunny and 75 degrees. I sense a trip to the rooftop this evening.

Posted : August 9, 2022 4:02 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooood 'ol Lazy Ass Wednesday!

Posted : August 10, 2022 5:05 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

THB went to see a matinee of The Devil Wears Prada in The Theater District. 2.5 hours. I would need to be paid a LOT of money to sit through that. 

Posted : August 10, 2022 5:07 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

I heard from one of my oral surgeons. He confirmed what they are going to put in my mouth for the next bone graft surgery. The bone will come from a mixture of an animal and a cadaver. So it is going to be from a cow and a dead body.

wott if I am vegan?

Posted : August 10, 2022 5:15 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

I heard from one of my oral surgeons. He confirmed what they are going to put in my mouth for the next bone graft surgery. The bone will come from a mixture of an animal and a cadaver. So it is going to be from a cow and a dead body.

wott if I am vegan?

Sounds to me that in the future you should avoid going out when there is a full moo moon ...

Posted : August 10, 2022 6:13 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
Famed Member

Good Evening Malcontents!

Enjoying an adult beverage and some Coltrane (Blue Train). Has "almost" made me forget about the hot, humid, miserable weather today. More on the way tomorrow.

Posted : August 10, 2022 10:31 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood 'ol Mountain Day!

I think it should be Mountain Jam Day myself.

Posted : August 11, 2022 10:00 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

wott if I am vegan?

Sounds to me that in the future you should avoid going out when there is a full moo moon ...

I drink a ton of milk so I guess I am not vegan.

Oh, and that was a bad joke! I Dont Know  

Posted : August 11, 2022 10:11 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @oldcoot

Good Evening Malcontents!

Enjoying an adult beverage and some Coltrane (Blue Train). Has "almost" made me forget about the hot, humid, miserable weather today. More on the way tomorrow.

Since we are not vegans was the adult beverage warm milk? I think it helps you sleep.

Posted : August 11, 2022 10:23 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Just home from the grocery store (God the prices suck!). Nice to see everyone is still being lazy. Gape  

Posted : August 11, 2022 3:01 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

I was in a meeting and I got a text from a friend. She was supposed to go with some of us up to Milwaukee to see the Brewers/Dodgers game Thursday. She can't make it so she suggested THB instead.

Now, THB is off all next week. This means NINE days in a row together, give or take if I don't have to go somewhere. I'm trying to set up something, anything but I got nothing. But I thought a day in Milwaukee watching baseball was a great day.

So, moral dilemma: Do I tell her she has been nominated to go to the game? All suggestions welcome. 🤔 

This post was modified 2 years ago by Lee

Posted : August 11, 2022 3:10 pm
Page 16 / 79
Share: