The Allman Brothers Band
Notifications
Clear all

Warriors Need To Let Steph Curry Go

robslob
(@robslob)
World Class Peach

https://deadspin.com/warriors-need-to-let-steph-curry-go-1846972648

Interesting perspective by this guy.  And think of how many good young players the Warriors could nab by trading Curry.

Topic starter Posted : May 27, 2021 9:33 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
World Class Peach

One thing is sure, there’s be no clean divide - some would say How could you trade the face of the franchise - others, look what we got back & the $ we saved….”

fully agree w/his 1st graf about lavishly rewarding older players for past accomplishments - Steph’s 2nd-tier contract could be a big problem if another team didn’t want to take it on via a trade

bottom line, Great Player, obviously - he’s still got it all at 33, he killed it this season

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 27, 2021 3:43 pm
robslob liked
(@2112)
Peach Extraordianire

I disagree. The Warriors aren't necessarily that far from becoming a contender again, and let's face it, not all young prospects turn out the way you hope they will. Just look at what happened when the Sacramento Kings were contenders and traded some of their older star players for young prospects. Not a single one turned into a star player and the franchise decended right down into the dumpster. Curry still has many great years ahead of him and great teams always build around a star player.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 28, 2021 12:00 pm
robslob
(@robslob)
World Class Peach

@2112:  I have to agree with you.  Plus I think that trading Steph would be a huge betrayal of their fan base and for that reason alone management would never do it.  I don't think that's how you treat someone who has been so instrumental in their success.  Think of where the Warriors were before they drafted Curry!  And yeah, as you said, they way he is playing, Curry has a lot of great years ahead of him even though he is 33.  He's a fitness freak and it shows.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 30, 2021 3:50 am
Share: