The Allman Brothers Band
Notifications
Clear all

Trump Expects To Be Reinstalled as President This Summer

robslob
(@robslob)
World Class Peach

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/national-review-trump-reinstated-050129462.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_11

Just when I thought he couldn't get anymore scary............

Topic starter Posted : June 4, 2021 8:18 am
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

National Review Confirms 'Startling' Report On Trump's Current Grasp Of Reality

Hasn't his grasp on reality pretty much always been startling?

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 4, 2021 9:01 am
cyclone88
(@cyclone88)
Peach Extraordianire

@nebish

I just heard this "theory" yesterday but not as described by the National Review. Even that conservative publication based Trump's delusion on continued vote re-counting, but pointed out that there is absolutely no mechanism in the constitution or anywhere else in the US government for a president to be re-instated even if a miscount is proven. The NR was urging Republicans not to perpetuate this falsehood.

What I heard (I've almost stopped reading the news) is far more alarming - former NSA adviser Gen. Michael Flynn's call for a coup to overthrow the US government & democracy along w/it. That comes on the heels of GOP leaders walking back their previous rational comments re a "stolen election" as well as the overwhelming defeat of forming a commission to analyze the Jan 6. insurrection. That's a co-ordinated effort by a large, influential group not the delusion of a petulant narcissist who refuses to believe he's a loser.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 4, 2021 9:55 am
Chain
(@chain)
Peach Extraordianire

Flynn should be arrested for treason and his lucrative military pension and lifetime health benefits taken away....

As far as Trump is concerned, not surprising as he needs attention and a continued narrative to continue raising money for his personal piggy bank.  More conspiracy red meat for the Trump cult does wonders for the bottom line in corporation Trump...

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 4, 2021 12:16 pm
cyclone88 liked
cyclone88
(@cyclone88)
Peach Extraordianire
Posted by: @chain

Flynn should be arrested for treason and his lucrative military pension and lifetime health benefits taken away....

Agreed. I don't know WHAT has happened to the definitions of treason & incitement, but Flynn isn't some random kid testing his ideas on a college campus. He is a retired 3 star general elevated by Trump to be NSA speaking to a QAnon conference bent on returning Trump to office by any means necessary. He was convicted of lying to the FBI but pardoned by Trump. Now, he's making appearances on Russian news outlets & sitting next to Putin at conferences where he makes paid speeches. His rank of general gives him credibility & the audience is conspiracy theorists who've made it clear that violence is an acceptable weapon - see Jan. 6.

The Army is wriggling out of discipline because he was retired and wearing civilian clothes. His remarks are characterized as sedition by the Uniform Code of Military Justice according to the House Armed Services Committee. Who exactly has backbone enough to condemn him formally & strip him of whatever benefits he gets? This is the scary legacy of Trump.

Trump himself is building a war chest for lawsuits that he'll face, but he's also got the ear of a segment of voters that he's playing to for 2022. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 4, 2021 2:55 pm
Chain
(@chain)
Peach Extraordianire

@cyclone88

If I was the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, I would, in conjunction with the Justice Dept., be figuring a way to strip Flynn of everything associated with his military service and charge him with every military and criminal civilian crime he's in violation of.  

While I know part of Flynn's game is about making money, he's also dangerous and more than a bit wacky with his conspiracies and willingness to clime in bed with Putin and shady characters from other nations.  I would guess a three star general has significant otherwise top secret information about the American military apparatus he could be providing all manner of foreign adversaries.    

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 5, 2021 2:58 pm
cyclone88
(@cyclone88)
Peach Extraordianire

@chain

I don't know enough about military justice to know if he can be tried after retirement, but the House Committee seems to think so. The money he'd lose from that probably wouldn't be meaningful compared to what he's making on the speaker circuit. He also wasn't just a general, he was the NSA so he had access to top stuff.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 5, 2021 9:18 pm
stormyrider
(@stormyrider)
Peach Extraordianire

They're calling higher ups in the Trump organization to the grand jury.

Hopefully his fat ass will be in jail before too long. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 6, 2021 9:57 pm
cyclone88
(@cyclone88)
Peach Extraordianire

@stormyrider

I was surprised to read that he goes into the TO office once a week after golfing in NJ - that seems to be asking for trouble if he's continuing whatever criminal activity the SDNY believes the company is/was doing. The CFO Allan Weisselberg hasn't yet been called & he may be the one to take the fall. We know Trump didn't personally create any financial statements; I'm not sure he can even read one. Weisselberg's former daughter-in-law has been interviewed about tuition payments, apartments in Trump buildings, & other "compensation" Weisselberg's family may have received w/o paying taxes.

Trump isn't going to be sitting in jail by August unless he's charged w/o bail pending trial. Personally, I'd like to see Eric & Don Jr. in jail before Trump.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 7, 2021 9:22 am
Chain
(@chain)
Peach Extraordianire

Trump will flee abroad before he serves a day in jail...I too hope his two brats get their just due as well...The role they played in the Jan. 6th insurrection and the various illegalities can’t go unpunished.

As far as Weisselberg is concerned, they do have some leverage on him as his sons have engaged in some illegalities and if the feds. go after them, the old man may squeal and offer up the info. the feds. want on Trump in order to save his sons from prison...We shall see I suppose.

This post was modified 1 week ago by Chain
ReplyQuote
Posted : June 7, 2021 12:07 pm
cyclone88 liked
cyclone88
(@cyclone88)
Peach Extraordianire

@chain

Weisselberg did co-operate enough to get Michael Cohen convicted. I don't know that what his sons have done is illegal - making bad loans to the TO and managing some NYC attractions for exorbitant fees - but they have been questioned. 

I thought Trump would've left office & flown to a non-extradition country on Jan. 20. It's hard to assess his egomania v. self-preservation, but I didn't expect him to stay to run his campaign for reinstatement from the US. I don't think he'd have any qualms about tossing the SDNY his sons to save himself.

This post was modified 1 week ago by cyclone88
ReplyQuote
Posted : June 7, 2021 12:53 pm
StratDal
(@stratdal)
Peach Extraordianire

I'm sure Mule is wetting his pants in anticipation...

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 7, 2021 7:24 pm
matt05
(@matt05)
Ultimate Peach

does anyone realize even if something was found thats constitutionally not what would happen right?

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 7, 2021 10:44 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
World Class Peach
Posted by: @matt05

does anyone realize even if something was found thats constitutionally not what would happen right?

I’d like to know the same thing, main thing, he’s go-o-o-ne, nothing gonna bring him back (euro ‘72 hilite), plus he’s taken/is taking covid w/him, yes Ray Stevens is everywhere, everything is beautiful la-de-da, we’ve had our national  glass of Instant Smile w/Uncle Joe, under Joe the national pastime is returning & suddenly America is great again….

🥱….oh the topic, the covid-causing virus-spreading pandemicist/insurrectionist is expecting a reinstall….rock on

This post was modified 7 days ago 2 times by Stephen
ReplyQuote
Posted : June 10, 2021 12:57 pm
MartinD28
(@martind28)
World Class Peach

The thought of Trump in jail playing the role of Stormy Daniels to the general population would have the ring of justice to it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 10, 2021 7:48 pm
matt05
(@matt05)
Ultimate Peach
Posted by: @stephen

I’d like to know the same thing, main thing, he’s go-o-o-ne, nothing gonna bring him back (euro ‘72 hilite), plus he’s taken/is taking covid w/him, yes Ray Stevens is everywhere, everything is beautiful la-de-da, we’ve had our national  glass of Instant Smile w/Uncle Joe, under Joe the national pastime is returning & suddenly America is great again….

🥱….oh the topic, the covid-causing virus-spreading pandemicist/insurrectionist is expecting a reinstall….rock on

i can't remember now but when this entire mess happened in january before the new president was sworn in someone had posted what happens if he actually had proof the results of the election were false but nowhere in the answer was they just make the previous president back in charge

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 10, 2021 8:13 pm
cyclone88
(@cyclone88)
Peach Extraordianire

i can't remember now but when this entire mess happened in january before the new president was sworn in someone had posted what happens if he actually had proof the results of the election were false but nowhere in the answer was they just make the previous president back in charge

Trump made that up. He incited the insurrection on Jan. 6 by saying Congress, specifically Pence, could Stop The Steal that would allow him to remain in office. The Congressional session is completely ceremonial. He had exhausted every other possibility in counting, electoral college certification, 70 lawsuits, & exploring the possibility of invoking martial law so he could stay. He hates being a "Loser."

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 10, 2021 11:17 pm
matt05 liked
matt05
(@matt05)
Ultimate Peach
Posted by: @cyclone88

Trump made that up. He incited the insurrection on Jan. 6 by saying Congress, specifically Pence, could Stop The Steal that would allow him to remain in office. The Congressional session is completely ceremonial. He had exhausted every other possibility in counting, electoral college certification, 70 lawsuits, & exploring the possibility of invoking martial law so he could stay. He hates being a "Loser."

even if he had proof now and biden was removed trump isn't in charge again. it falls to someone else

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 11, 2021 12:57 am
Chain
(@chain)
Peach Extraordianire

@cyclone88

And the Trump cult believes him...As, apparently, do the majority of Republicans.  Which tells you just how ignorant and     uninformed many voters are.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 11, 2021 4:41 am
cyclone88 liked
cyclone88
(@cyclone88)
Peach Extraordianire

@cyclone88

And the Trump cult believes him...As, apparently, do the majority of Republicans.  Which tells you just how ignorant and     uninformed many voters are.  

I remember watching some of the crowd outside the capitol being interviewed by reporters after the failed insurrection being told that Stop The Steal was a lie and there was nothing that Pence or Congress could've done that day to keep Trump in office & they were stunned. One woman I particularly remember kept asking the reporter to explain & he recounted all the actions Trump had taken, including 70 court cases 2 of which went to SCOTUS, & he still wasn't a "winner." She looked dumbfounded & said something like "I drove all the way here from _________ & it was all a big lie? Trump lied to us???" So, not only was she an ignorant voter, she didn't follow the real world enough to know what everyone except the cult followers knew to be facts.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 11, 2021 9:27 am
cyclone88
(@cyclone88)
Peach Extraordianire

even if he had proof now and biden was removed trump isn't in charge again. it falls to someone e

but Trump keeps spreading the lie that he'll be reinstated through Pillow Guy & Sidney Powell. The National Review article at the top of this post is a conservative publication & even it calls for stopping this lie. I guess the cult doesn't believe things unless they're on FB.

THERE IS NO PROOF AND NEVER WILL BE.

This post was modified 6 days ago by cyclone88
ReplyQuote
Posted : June 11, 2021 9:37 am
matt05 liked
Chain
(@chain)
Peach Extraordianire
Posted by: @cyclone88

@cyclone88

I remember watching some of the crowd outside the capitol being interviewed by reporters after the failed insurrection being told that Stop The Steal was a lie and there was nothing that Pence or Congress could've done that day to keep Trump in office & they were stunned. One woman I particularly remember kept asking the reporter to explain & he recounted all the actions Trump had taken, including 70 court cases 2 of which went to SCOTUS, & he still wasn't a "winner." She looked dumbfounded & said something like "I drove all the way here from _________ & it was all a big lie? Trump lied to us???" So, not only was she an ignorant voter, she didn't follow the real world enough to know what everyone except the cult followers knew to be facts.

Incredible....If there ever was an argument for mandating the teaching of basic civics in public schools, this is it. Seriously, too many voters are completely oblivious as to how our government actually operates, is chosen, and checks its internal power via the three branches of our republic.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 11, 2021 12:30 pm
matt05 liked
Share: