Registered users on-line

115 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

Yeah. I can not even begin to express the sorrow I currently feel and my inability see things the way you do on a regular basis....

I will be owning my views at the ballot box.

Jolly for you. Just saying, Bhakw's specific point was being able to defend your views, you don't get to re-define what he obviously meant. Voting is great, everyone should do it, but stating what you believe is not the same as defending why.

Defend my views to whom?...Why?....I owe NO ONE an explanation for anything, particularly in this liberal bastion.

Posted : July 27, 2020 7:11 am
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

Yeah. I can not even begin to express the sorrow I currently feel and my inability see things the way you do on a regular basis....

Jolly for you. Just saying, Bhakw's specific point was being able to defend your views, you don't get to re-define what he obviously meant. Voting is great, everyone should do it, but stating what you believe is not the same as defending why.

Defend my views to whom?...Why?....I owe NO ONE an explanation for anything, particularly in this liberal bastion.

No one said you owe it - also not the point - but why show up here and discuss your views every day?

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : July 27, 2020 7:14 am
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

Some here are actually encouraging the destruction and looting of private property by not condemning those acts.

While I do not agree that keeping silent concerning any issue is showing support, I will throw this out there, it's OK for the left to use this same tactic when asking why people do not speak out against the President when criticizing Joe Biden. See, in the world of the Liberal, there are only two ways to view things, their way or the wrong way and to speak out against this philosophy demands an explanation.

There is no such thing as a simple disagreement. Any further dispute warrants a label.

Posted : July 27, 2020 7:34 am
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

No one said you owe it - also not the point - but why show up here and discuss your views every day?

I am this forum to state my views, how you handle that or respond is solely on you.

Posted : July 27, 2020 7:35 am
Bhawk
(@bhawk)
Famed Member

People aren't scared of sharing their views, they're scared of owning them

In sharing your views are you not in fact "Owning" them?...And who gets to make that distinction? I'll tell you who, the person sharing them "owns" them the minute he or she opens their mouth or puts them on paper and backs them up the instant he or she votes. Now since you are not privy to the way said person casts their ballot, I would say the above quote is well, meaningless.

You certainly traveled a long way to miss that point. You might want to get reimbursed for mileage.

Yeah, that's the exact opposite of "owning" views.

My comment was in response to this, and this alone.

Poll: 62% of Americans Say They Have Political Views They’re Afraid to Share

I think there's a deeper point to be made and an independent discussion to be had on that. Oh well.

I don't care what your opinions are as far as you agreeing or not agreeing with me or anyone else, who you vote for, whatever. Get on with your bad self.

You go on and on about not being able to discuss things and getting chased and insulted by people, then people try and have a decent conversation and you tell us all you don't care what we think anyway and our own thoughts and opinions are meaningless.

So weird.

Posted : July 27, 2020 7:42 am
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

I am this forum to state my views, how you handle that or respond is solely on you.

Yeah, that's great, but then don't get all butt hurt when people disagree with you. This is a political discussion, this isn't the voting booth. Bhawk's whole point was be prepared to defend your view, i.e., "own" them. You're just stomping your feet and kicking dirt.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : July 27, 2020 7:58 am
piacere
(@piacere)
Prominent Member

I just read that Cato Institute article. The very last sentence pretty much sums things up nice 'n' tidy.

Speaking of registered users, got a few on now. People ducking out of the heat I guess.

Posted : July 27, 2020 9:03 am
Bhawk
(@bhawk)
Famed Member

I am this forum

LOL, sure seems that way sometimes !

Ya, I don't think that was a typo.

Posted : July 27, 2020 9:54 am
Bhawk
(@bhawk)
Famed Member

Some here are actually encouraging the destruction and looting of private property by not condemning those acts.

While I do not agree that keeping silent concerning any issue is showing support, I will throw this out there, it's OK for the left to use this same tactic when asking why people do not speak out against the President when criticizing Joe Biden. See, in the world of the Liberal, there are only two ways to view things, their way or the wrong way and to speak out against this philosophy demands an explanation.

There is no such thing as a simple disagreement. Any further dispute warrants a label.

"Why doesn't he/she repudiate it, then?" is a common bipartisan tactic used by everyone in politics going back for decades. "WHY WON'T OBAMA REPUDIATE BILL AYERS?" comes to mind.

I know the leftist-as-boogeyman narrative is one you are dedicated to, but that dog don't hunt in this case.

I could have dismissed your post as meaningless, but even with me being a hated leftist and all, I might just respect you more than you respect me. Who knows.

Posted : July 27, 2020 9:55 am
MartinD28
(@martind28)
Famed Member

I am this forum

Yep.

And the rest of liberals...proudly

Posted : July 27, 2020 10:11 am
piacere
(@piacere)
Prominent Member

I am this forum

Yep.

And the rest of liberals...proudly

Hang on a minute, brother.

Speak for yourself. 😉

What makes you proud to be a liberal?

Posted : July 27, 2020 10:50 am
Jerry
(@jerry)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Speaking of registered users, got a few on now. People ducking out of the heat I guess.

Yeah, right now we've got 5!

Posted : July 27, 2020 4:05 pm
gina
 gina
(@gina)

Maybe people should try to stop by at least a couple of times a week. If they don't like some threads, put up others.

I myself am considering how I want to proceed, with the terrorism, foreign and domestic policy news. Terrorism is the least of our problems nowadays. I want to incorporate prophecy into news but we are also on the verge of many changes in this country, but those are hot issues, and some people do not want to hear about prophecy but it is relevant. It's sad that Doug Mackenzie stopped his Shelter from the storm thread. I have to mull it over.

Posted : July 27, 2020 5:11 pm
gina
 gina
(@gina)

Maybe people should try to stop by at least a couple of times a week. If they don't like some threads, put up others.

I myself am considering how I want to proceed, with the terrorism, foreign and domestic policy news. Terrorism is the least of our problems nowadays. I want to incorporate prophecy into news but we are also on the verge of many changes in this country, but those are hot issues, and some people do not want to hear about prophecy but it is relevant. It's sad that Doug Mackenzie stopped his Shelter from the storm thread. I have to mull it over.

Posted : July 27, 2020 5:12 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

As I’ve mentioned b4 I like the threads about the prophecies & associated phenomena, & hope that you’ll continue to share the info & links - us in the know realize their relevance - we’re more cosmically connected than most

Yes in addition to Doug’s, bigann’s Daily OMs was also a tremendous thread - the heroes faves & legends thread rocked also

Posted : July 27, 2020 6:18 pm
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

Yeah, that's the exact opposite of "owning" views.

Can you express a more complete way of "owning" a view or a thought than backing it up with your vote?

You can debate it all you want. Communicate it, discuss it, argue it, all just words. But when you cast a ballot that matches your conscience, that is the epitome of having owned it.

Posted : July 28, 2020 7:27 am
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

Can you express a more complete way of "owning" a view or a thought than backing it up with your vote?

Geez, V, asked and answered. And then re-explained again. If you misunderstood Bhawk's meaning the first time, fine, but if you can't wrap your head around what was clearly his intent, you're just being purposefully obtuse.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : July 28, 2020 7:47 am
BIGV
 BIGV
(@bigv)
Famed Member

Geez, V, asked and answered. And then re-explained again. If you misunderstood Bhawk's meaning the first time, fine, but if you can't wrap your head around what was clearly his intent, you're just being purposefully obtuse.

Fair enough, stalemate.

Posted : July 28, 2020 7:51 am
Jerry
(@jerry)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Only 2 registered online right now. Soon to be 1 since I'll be watching the Braves.

Posted : July 28, 2020 3:44 pm
Jerry
(@jerry)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Woooo, got 5 on line right now.
Does seem like a lot fewer posts are being made though.

Posted : July 31, 2020 7:05 am
Jerry
(@jerry)
Noble Member
Topic starter

got 3 on a Sunday morning.

Posted : August 2, 2020 7:11 am
Jerry
(@jerry)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Wow, Wednesday morning and we've got 6 on line.

Posted : August 12, 2020 6:10 am
Jerry
(@jerry)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Four this morning.

Posted : August 15, 2020 5:48 am
Jerry
(@jerry)
Noble Member
Topic starter

New day, and new site, and we've got 4 on line at the moment.

Posted : September 2, 2020 3:43 pm
gina
 gina
(@gina)

C'mon now folks, like your first time in the water, just put your toes in, and then ease on into it.  You can do it.  I still can't swim, but I will get board-worthy.

Posted : September 14, 2020 2:08 pm
Page 4 / 4
Share: