Notifications
Clear all

NFL: Super Bowl: Who Ya Got?

Page 46 / 46
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

Well done Sang. 

There will be a nascar league again if anyone here is interested.  DanB plays that, sometimes he stays with it all the way to the end, but don't think he did last year.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 14, 2022 1:18 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

@nebish 

I can't speak for others but there was no skin in the game for me. I couldn't catch nebish or Sang at the end so I personally didn't care at that point. No idea why DanB bowed out. Other than him I don't think anyone quit.

Heh, initially I thought the season ended before the playoffs started. Wrong about that. 😮 

The last two weekends of the playoffs were amazing. I don't know how you can top that. Amazing. I figured The Super Bowl would be kind of anticlimactic which I thought it it was. Still a fun season. Helluva lot better than last year.

You got to go to hell before you get to Heaven.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 14, 2022 4:24 pm
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach

It was going to be nearly impossible for the Super Bowl to live up to drama of the previous playoff games, but it was a pretty fun game. A little anti-climactic ending with that dumb goal line penalty. It reminded me of Packers-Broncos when Holmgren let Denver score late rather than burn clock on D. Like the Bengals, the Packers also failed to score again.

I'm sure the Bengals will throw some money at some offensive linemen this Summer.

PorkchopBob Studio

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 14, 2022 8:05 pm
piacere
(@piacere)
Peach Extraordianire

Good job Sang👍

Six games back, I threw in the towel. Fun season, making the picks was always a good time.

See ya next season 😎

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 15, 2022 7:58 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach
Posted by: @porkchopbob

It was going to be nearly impossible for the Super Bowl to live up to drama of the previous playoff games, but it was a pretty fun game. A little anti-climactic ending with that dumb goal line penalty. It reminded me of Packers-Broncos when Holmgren let Denver score late rather than burn clock on D. Like the Bengals, the Packers also failed to score again.

I'm sure the Bengals will throw some money at some offensive linemen this Summer.

My God, they better draft an OL. I think the number of times the poor guy was sacked throughout the entire season was like 70. I've said this for a while: they need to get him some protection. Chase was certainly a great pick. And they know each other so that was good. But you can't let the kid get buried that often.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 15, 2022 4:00 pm
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach

Apparently the Tennessee Titans are looking in to a new stadium. Didn't they leave Houston so they could get a new stadium? Reports say the Titans' stadium's steel may need to be replaced and is too costly.

How is it a building that gets used just over 8 times a year doesn't have the half life of a Brooklyn apartment building?

I'm sure owners are wide-eyed over SoFi and the Vikings' and Falcons' shiny new stadiums, but the stadium arms race is getting out of hand.

PorkchopBob Studio

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 18, 2022 3:44 pm
jszfunk liked
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
World Class Peach

Apparently the Tennessee Titans are looking in to a new stadium. Didn't they leave Houston so they could get a new stadium? Reports say the Titans' stadium's steel may need to be replaced and is too costly.

How is it a building that gets used just over 8 times a year doesn't have the half life of a Brooklyn apartment building?

I'm sure owners are wide-eyed over SoFi and the Vikings' and Falcons' shiny new stadiums, but the stadium arms race is getting out of hand.

Yeah,I heard the same thing about Tenn stadium. It is getting crazy! 

Thanks for keep the "real" football talk up.....I cant get into the fantasy stuff. Needs to be a separate section. Its not relatable to me. Meaningless to what is really going on.

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 19, 2022 10:56 am
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach

@jszfunk I like to talk sports not fantasy or gambling 😉

PorkchopBob Studio

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 19, 2022 10:59 am
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Universal Peach

We do a pick 'em league for ABB fans against the spread - no money involved, just bragging rights.... just for fun during the winter ...

Some others tend to gamble a bit ... I worked too hard for my money to just give it away ... 

Hard to get away from it with legalized sports betting growing everywhere, including my state.  All you see anymore is sports betting ads.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 19, 2022 11:41 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

I had to chuckle when I found out the Bears traded Khalil for a second round pick and a sixth rounder. The reason I find it funny is because they gave up two first rounders to get him. At the time I had the conversation with more than one Bear fan and they all said it was a great move. I thought it was crazy. I imagine it may have happened before but trading two number ones for a defensive player? The Bears made a huge mistake IMO. 

Mack is a great player and the Chargers are a great fit. But boy, I think it set the Bears back. At least some of their decision makers are gone.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 10, 2022 5:26 pm
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach

@lee well Bears fans can at least be thankful they aren't Giants fans after reading yesterday's GIANTS TO MAKE A RUN AT TRUBISKY headline. Sounds like rock bottom, since that would actually probably be an improvement.

PorkchopBob Studio

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 10, 2022 6:40 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

@lee well Bears fans can at least be thankful they aren't Giants fans after reading yesterday's GIANTS TO MAKE A RUN AT TRUBISKY headline. Sounds like rock bottom, since that would actually probably be an improvement.

I didn't see what they gave up to get him but having watched the guy four years as an impartial observer, I don't know if it's not worth taking a shot on him. He was playing under poor leadership, no running game and just a poorly run organization. 

Heck the Giants aren't sold on Jones so why not give it a try?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 11, 2022 1:32 pm
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach

New England is bringing back Pat Patriot this Fall. Should be fun to see some more throwbacks now that the NFL has lifted the One Shell rule.

https://www.patriots.com/photos/photos-patriots-reveal-red-throwback-alternate-uniforms-for-2022

g8xxypf5jvtyp3jkrfow

PorkchopBob Studio

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2022 3:51 pm
Page 46 / 46
Share: