NFL: Wildcard Weekend: Who Ya Got?

Page 40 / 43
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

@nebish 

Was Ted Turner one?

You got to go to hell before you get to Heaven.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 19, 2021 7:50 am
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach

Fun article listing the toughest losses in each team's history, mostly post-merger era, the lone exception being the Cowboys' loss in the Ice Bowl:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32643640/what-your-nfl-team-most-heartbreaking-loss-28-3-ice-bowl-drive

Personally I think they got the Packers' loss wrong. I can think of 4 or 5 losses that were way more crushing than the TO catch in the '98 Wild Card game. That Packers team was old, Holmgren and Reggie both had a foot out the door and the whole team had a hangover from SB32. If you get beat by Young-TO, so be it. Was all worth it to see the 15-1 Vikings give it away to the Falcons a few weeks later.

Also surprised by the Bears and Lions picks. The Lions have plenty of losses to choose from, but they picked the 2015 Rodgers Hail Mary - a regular season game. I guess that was tough, Lions were decent and the play only occurred because of a defensive penalty. I figured they'd pick the Favre>Sharpe bomb in the '93 playoffs (or Barry Sanders -1yds in the '94 playoffs, or 0-16 game in 2008, or our coach defers in OT). @Lee what's your take?

And the Bears 2006 Super Bowl loss was that crushing? People really thought Rex Grossman was going to beat Peyton? I'd have thought 2013 Rodgers>Cobb to steal the division or the 2010 NFC Championship at home were bigger gut punches.

The Pats game they picked is a deep dive, I wasn't familiar - figured it'd have been the 2007 SB loss.

www.porkchopbob.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 19, 2021 8:49 am
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach

So they made a Kurt Warner movie, with Captain Marve-errr...Shazam himself. And why not? Perfect time to since the Edward Jones Dome is easy to book these days. Second major football movie featuring Dick Vermeil, too bad they didn't bring back Greg Kinnear.

www.porkchopbob.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 19, 2021 8:51 am
piacere
(@piacere)
Peach Extraordianire

'76 game, which I remember, pales in comparison to the two Giants games, one in particular.

On a (thankfully) lighter note, my little pumpkin's granddaughter spent the night and during an absolutely exquisite and delightful breakfast, made the picks this week.

She's five years old.😜👍😎

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 21, 2021 8:21 am
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

I'm lacking for angles. 

Normally I'd look to fade a 10 point underdog winner from the previous week.  Problem is, both Carolina and Washington won as 10pt dogs last week.

Normally I'd look to fade a team off a big kind of prove it type win the previous week.  Problem is, both Dallas and KC has big statement wins last week.

A couple road favorites who really aren't good enough to be road favorites...speaking of Miami, but they play Joe Flaco.  Speaking of Cincy favored at Raiders, are Raiders in free fall.  Huge game for Raiders, save their season and playoff hopes type game before going on the road next week.  Think I have to play Raiders getting points at home. 

Looked like Tennessee was running out of gas last week.  Ran an absolute gauntlet for 4 straight weeks then were on fumes vs Saints last week.  Only Houston, if they faced a better team today I think they'd be in trouble.  Sandwich spot with Patriots on deck.

How is LAC a 6 pt fav...vs anybody?  They have only won a single game by more than 6 all year.  Steelers lack offensive power, but LAC D is bad and O is inconsistent. 

Seattle and Russ back home off a shutout vs Colt McCoy, sounds good. 

Saints might be my favorite game.  Still believe Philly is bad team and must win for Saints to split the road games to stay in playoff hunt.

Anybody look at Tim Boyle's college stats...1-13 TD-INT ratio at UConn and making millions of dollars a career NFL backup.  Makes first start today.  Pressure on Browns, your D better not struggle vs that!

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 21, 2021 12:49 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
World Class Peach

Anti-Pats, no worries, guessing their stay atop div will be short-lived, Saints should be an easier game for Buff than Colts were*

also Thurs, envision Bears limping off field w/knee scars & an L6 after Det. in its annual national-TV Thanksgiving Day appearance, gets monkey off its back & breaks into the W column w/its first win of the year on the big stage - they're giving the Browns all they can handle

*it doesn't matter, all roads point to Orchard Park, Monday night Dec. 6

This post was modified 2 months ago 3 times by Stephen
ReplyQuote
Posted : November 21, 2021 3:45 pm
piacere
(@piacere)
Peach Extraordianire

Meanwhile, Willa went 7-2.😎

Must've been the unicorn pajamas.😜

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 21, 2021 4:25 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Another opposite day in the NFL.   I'm having a unicorn make my picks next week ...

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 21, 2021 11:57 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
World Class Peach

Tom Brady knows what he has to do

TBB is L2 - the last time Brady lost 3 in a row was in 2002

he also remembers 2012 - & that sick catch the guy made pinning the ball w/his hand to his helmet - he knows NYG

TB12 will be up for this game - it’s a must-have for TBB, & look for Tom to be sharp

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 22, 2021 1:07 pm
piacere
(@piacere)
Peach Extraordianire

"A Giant can beat a pirate"

There's your pick😜

With the 11.5, I'm ok with that.

Bucs have covered 3 out of 9 games.

This post was modified 2 months ago by piacere
ReplyQuote
Posted : November 22, 2021 6:38 pm
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
World Class Peach

I am looking forward to the Buc's coming here to Indy this coming Sunday. Would like to see the NFL rushing leader take care of business. This past Sunday he ran all over the Bills, 5 TD's , 4 rushing, 1 receiving, 32/185.  I don't expect that to happen again. That game was a different story though.

Hopefully its  a good game.  Bill and his Pat's in a few more weeks.

Everyone has a plan, till you get punched in the face,

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 23, 2021 8:03 am
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach

5 straight losses means no more Nagy. Not even a W against Detroit can save him. He'll always have 2018 *doink doink*.

www.porkchopbob.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 23, 2021 12:05 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

The roughing the passer calls in the NFL are ruining it.  There is roughing the passer, than there is just hitting the passer, then there is bumping into the passer then there is the passer running and falling into you.  All penalties.

https://twitter.com/MicahhParsons11/status/1464076824271597568

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 26, 2021 11:38 am
gotdrumz
(@gotdrumz)
Extreme Peach

IMO, the NFL has become the WWE. oh well!

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2021 10:40 pm
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
World Class Peach
Posted by: @nebish

The roughing the passer calls in the NFL are ruining it.  There is roughing the passer, than there is just hitting the passer, then there is bumping into the passer then there is the passer running and falling into you.  All penalties.

https://twitter.com/MicahhParsons11/status/1464076824271597568

Yeah. I have seen a few this year where I scratched my head.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 2, 2021 10:44 am
piacere
(@piacere)
Peach Extraordianire

I'll be making the picks, this week and next, isolation, 10 days, covid.

Give you guys a chance to catch up😜

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 2, 2021 6:09 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach
Posted by: @piacere

If I had to be in isolation, football season would be the time.  Hope you are feeling well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 3, 2021 12:05 am
piacere
(@piacere)
Peach Extraordianire
Posted by: @nebish
Posted by: @piacere

If I had to be in isolation, football season would be the time.  Hope you are feeling well.

Thanks. Feeling ok. Had a runny nose a day or two (I got vaccinated last March) but otherwise fine. I'm at day four since testing positive, probably day 7 or 8 since catching it. A guy I work with came to work before Thanksgiving sick as can be, the idiot, and I probably caught it then. Had to contact some people who have all tested negative. Leaves me asking "why me?" but screw it, they can't all be good days. 

Yeah, football.😎👍

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 3, 2021 9:33 am
nebish liked
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

Did anybody see Lambeau Stadium on fire last week?  I took some photos on my phone of the TV I'll try and post.  Maybe I should google it and see if people were talking about it.

3DA836DC FC9F 4077 9DCA 8C2BF1AB0956
ReplyQuote
Posted : December 4, 2021 9:52 am
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

Short video

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 4, 2021 9:58 am
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
World Class Peach

Lions win!!!! Surprised  

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." Dean Wormer

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2021 4:30 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

4th-2 with :04!

That would've been a fun game to be at. I thought when they strip sacked Goff them took the lead that was it. 

Minnesota must be the least trustworthy team with Zimmer/Cousins of the trying to be playoff teams. I'll just say it, they suck. Beating the Packers (once, barely) will be their peak. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2021 4:56 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Peach Extraordianire

I would like to thank the l Lions for beating the Vikings and pretty much sealing the division for the Packers.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2021 5:09 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
World Class Peach

It’s all mathematics now (#s for short😮)

Pats win, they go into their bye week on a W7, w/a 1.5 game lead w/3 to play, & the inside track on reclaiming the div title loaned last year to Buff

Bills win, & suddenly the Boxing Day rematch in Foxborough becomes A Lot more crucial than b4

read somewhere, one of the largest MNF TV audiences of recent times is expected, Pats have fans everywhere, Buff is NY’s team & every TV set in the northeast, where most of these ‘ratings’ apparently are generated, turned on tuned in - weather clear

This post was modified 1 month ago 4 times by Stephen
ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2021 10:52 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
World Class Peach

But yes, are the Lions this year’s cardiac kids or what

as if C Joe Schmidt was hiking to QB Milt Plum, who was then handing off to Barry Sanders, Lions chewed up the turf on their last drive - 4th down, 4 seconds left, last play of game, bingo, an 11 yd TD pass for not only their 1st win of the year but over a regional rival to boot & One Of The Best Ever in thier storied history (1930)

At least their 3rd game of the year decided on final play

TB12 continues to crank, confounding Ds, dissecting secondaries, audibling, reading the formations on the field as adroitly as the playbook off it as the league’s top-rated QB, & bringing a thinking-man’s team-first mindset to his position -

he’s the greatest to have ever walked onto the field, going all the way back to the era of Bronco Nagurski, Red “The Galloping Ghost” Grange, incomparable Indian Jim Thorpe, & legendary coach Amos Alonzo Stagg

at 33 years old, YA Tittle looks literally 3 times as old as Brady today, in that famous photo of a battered bloodied helmetless YA - & TB is 44 

Zdeno skating for NYI this year

….Tuukka….

This post was modified 1 month ago 2 times by Stephen
ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2021 11:25 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

The Packers are obviously trying for that number one seed.

I think the Pats will win tonight but I wouldn't bet the house on it.

And my Lions are on the rebound. They are going to win a few meaningless games in December and screw up their draft position.

Not that next year's should be that great. Although I would like them to get Aiden Hutchinson from Meeechigan.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 6, 2021 4:54 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

So the Bears are going to start Fields this weekend. The guy has broken ribs, the team has no chance to make the playoffs and this is potentially your franchise QB. I wonder if Ryan Pace or Matt Nagy made that call. Both fighting for their jobs. Sad...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 8, 2021 5:00 pm
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
World Class Peach

Does anyone ever look at the Pro Football Focus grading system? Just curious.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 9, 2021 8:21 am
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach
Stephen
(@stephen)
World Class Peach
weather clear

NOT - Buff weather forecast said nothing about game being played in a hurricane - those were borderline-postpone conditions - surprised the electricity stayed on - those are Dedicated fans who would sit thru that - craziness

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 9, 2021 12:29 pm
Page 40 / 43
Share: