The Allman Brothers Band
Notifications
Clear all

NFL: Opening Night Tonight!

Page 34 / 35
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach

@lee I have no idea. No one really knows what is going on outside of the parties involved, or if anything actually is going on. Apparently Rodgers completed his usual offseason work out. I'm sick of hearing about it too, seemed like it was chatter for the talking heads who had nothing else to talk about. It's almost as if Rodgers is trolling the pipsqueaks looking to stir up drama like Adam Schefter and Mike Florio.

www.porkchopbob.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 26, 2021 11:05 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach
Posted by: @porkchopbob

This is the time of year when I'm like, "wait, football is almost back?" I'm never ready for fall sports in the middle of Summer. But by September I'm ready to grill some brats and watch some foolsball. Maybe by then Aaron Rodgers situation will finally get sorted out, which has been bizarrely speculative.

I'm with you. It's 90+ degrees here. Long days, beautiful nights. As much as I love football, not yet. Plus I like baseball even more and we have two more months of pennant races to follow before too long. 😊 

You got to go to hell before you get to Heaven.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 26, 2021 4:06 pm
Rusty
(@rusty)
Peach Extraordianire

Why so early!  Too damned hot for pigskin.  A Macon teenager died in practice earlier this week.  The season starts earlier and earlier every year - especially high school.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 28, 2021 3:36 pm
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach

@rusty 

It's a typical start date for NFL training camp, it's been the last week in July (or thereabouts) for decades. Just always seems to creep up out of no where.

www.porkchopbob.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 28, 2021 3:57 pm
Rusty liked
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Remember two-a-days? Players hated that. I don't know if they do that anymore. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 28, 2021 4:09 pm
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach

@lee Not sure but I seem to recall the new CBA limits the amount of padded practices compared to previous seasons.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/nfls-cba-training-camp-rules-make-reporting-dates/story?id=71176844

Most teams have their own indoor practice facilities near their stadium. 30 years ago most teams were booking space further north to avoid the Summer heat. Through out the state of WI there were 5 or 6 teams' holding training camps collectively known as the "Cheese League"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese_League

www.porkchopbob.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 28, 2021 4:31 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

I'm ready!  I love easing into the season with a little training camp news and then some preseason.  The gradual ramp up of the season gets my feet wet and reacclimated with everything and roster changes.  I try and watch some of the NFL Network programming after dinner, but my wife still wants to watch news and Jeopardy 🙁  Once she flips the switch it's great, NFL football is one of our bonding things we enjoy together.  She might be a bigger NFL fan than me, but she watches college football more casually while my passion for college football is nothing casual about it! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 29, 2021 11:38 am
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach

Wentz already tacking on injuries. Good luck with that, Indy

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31921384/indianapols-colts-qb-carson-wentz-indefinitely-foot-injury-sources

www.porkchopbob.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 30, 2021 2:01 pm
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
World Class Peach
Posted by: @porkchopbob

Wentz already tacking on injuries. Good luck with that, Indy

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31921384/indianapols-colts-qb-carson-wentz-indefinitely-foot-injury-sources

yeah, Jacob Eason who they drafted last season is the starter for now. Never took any game snaps last year.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 31, 2021 2:52 am
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

Watching some NFL Network this morning - I like this!  Football is ramping up!!

Colts have two QBs they drafted so hopefully one of them can be good enough. Loved Ehlinger at college but don't believe he has NFL capability or durability- he'd be a fun QB to get behind though. Eason has the arm, we'll see if he has the head. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 31, 2021 10:02 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach
Posted by: @nebish

Watching some NFL Network this morning - I like this!  Football is ramping up!!

Colts have two QBs they drafted so hopefully one of them can be good enough. Loved Ehlinger at college but don't believe he has NFL capability or durability- he'd be a fun QB to get behind though. Eason has the arm, we'll see if he has the head. 

My wife is a huge Colts fan for some reason so she is understandably unhappy with the situation. I hear you about Ehlinger. I really liked watching him in college at Texas but I don't think the pro teams and scouts think that much of him. Maybe they'll be wrong. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 31, 2021 3:37 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

@sang, should we do a NFL pick'em this year?

Last year I kept our college pick'em going but opened it up to entries from another website I frequent for football talk to get some more action.

Could do the same for NFL - or we could just keep it the same 3-4 people here who always do it.  I'll play either way.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 2, 2021 9:36 am
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

Baltimore Ravens, Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings, probably some more I am not aware of - all had positive test results and all had to contact trace and have players miss practice time away from the team.  Sounds all too familiar.

Wonder if the NFL mandated vaccines or proof of natural immunity from prior infection if the players union would sign off on that?

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 2, 2021 9:38 am
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach
Posted by: @nebish

@sang, should we do a NFL pick'em this year?

Last year I kept our college pick'em going but opened it up to entries from another website I frequent for football talk to get some more action.

Could do the same for NFL - or we could just keep it the same 3-4 people here who always do it.  I'll play either way.

Not sure yet ... I'll do it, but it would be more fun if we had a few more players ... Danb always quits when he falls behind ... 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 2, 2021 1:46 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

If we do the pick'em with just us we should put some skin in it. Like you and Lee have exchanged some beer before I remember. I think I even offered to drive up to Chicago one time if I lost to meet up. We should do something where we have to get together afterwards. I don't live that far away...5 hours?  But if DanB wins...we'd all have to go South Cakalacky?

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 2, 2021 5:37 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

If I win we meet at Pro Football HOF. Good?

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 2, 2021 7:40 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

I can't believe it's just two days until the first pre season game. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 3, 2021 4:56 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

@nebish 

Well, you're right. I am usually in multiple pools and while it may sound bad, if there's nothing on the line and I am out of it I really don't care. 

For maybe 10, 12 years or something I was in an NFL Pick 'em league. It was cumulative but even if you sucked, the weekly winner almost got his money back for winning a week so it kept people from dropping out. You wouldn't win the end of year purses but you could still win. Kept people in it. 

Although the thought of meeting nebish? I dunno. 😉 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 3, 2021 5:04 pm
nebish liked
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach
Posted by: @lee

Although the thought of meeting nebish? I dunno. 😉 

Well...since you aren't likely to win, have you ever been to Canton?

Colts down one of if not their best OL now as well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 3, 2021 7:31 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

Watched some HOF speeches last night. Looked at some week 1 lines today. Surprised Denver is 1.5 road chalk at NYG. I viewed those teams somewhat similarly. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 8, 2021 11:24 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
World Class Peach

Ricky Medlocke tested positive for covid & their Monday gig at the HOF is off, from what I’ve read

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 8, 2021 2:53 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

Only saw one speech last night. Charles Woodson brought down the house!  Very well done. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 9, 2021 8:54 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

I don't wish COVID on anyone of course but the fact that Cole Beasley is out for a while now I found interesting. I guess he doesn't care if he hurts his team. 🙄 I hope he wakes up to what he is doing.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-bills-cole-beasley-gabriel-davis-reportedly-in-covid-19-protocol-after-close-contact-150023712.html

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 24, 2021 2:11 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-wr-isaiah-mc-kenzie-fined-for-repeatedly-failing-to-wear-mask-nfl-you-win-141829150.html

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 26, 2021 3:44 pm
DanB
 DanB
(@danb)
Ultimate Peach

any pick em or fantasy league I'm in 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 27, 2021 10:11 am
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach
Posted by: @danb

any pick em or fantasy league I'm in 

At least for the first few weeks, that is .... Laughing Out Loud  

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 27, 2021 12:36 pm
nebish liked
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

I renewed the NFL spread league from last year - named ABBSpread.  Nobody seemed to care about the straight up pool, so I didn't renew it (unless people clamor for it).  If you were in last year, you should be getting an invite.  If anybody else is interested, I will post the info to join after I find it .... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 27, 2021 12:41 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

ABBSpread - password gregg - group number 22275

Includes picking with the spread - worst week dropped

Deadline 5 minutes before game time for picks

Go to  https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem

Select 'My Picks and Groups' and then 'Join Group' - you might need the group number from above and the password to join.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 27, 2021 12:47 pm
nebish liked
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach

Packers unveiled their latest throwbacks recently. I'm a fan of throwbacks, I think it's fun to revisit historic looks that fans may be unaware of. I've always dug their Acme unis, reminds fans they were the "Big Bay Blues" once upon a time. But I dig these too - clean and simple.

The Packers were actually pretty bad while they sported these in the early 1950s. It was in between the Don Hutson era and still years before Lombardi arrived in GB. So you have to ask why these now? I think it's a compromise regarding "Color Rush". The Packers were the last team to cave in to including a Color Rush jersey, and they simply wore all white. These check that box and sport some history.

ncnzcm9jqoapax3iwqa2

Here are the originals.

fashion 1 1crop

www.porkchopbob.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 30, 2021 11:23 am
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Peach Extraordianire

@porkchopbob I am  big Packer fan and think it is a good compromise.  Certainly more attractive than previous throwbacks they have worn.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 30, 2021 12:07 pm
Page 34 / 35
Share: