Notifications
Clear all

Playoffs: On to the Championship Games!  

Page 19 / 27
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

The Bears again proved they have no offense...... and the bend but don't break defense can't win every game..... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 27, 2020 5:39 pm
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
World Class Peach

I wonder when the last time the Pat's were 2-4 and on the bottom end of the AFC east? 😋 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 28, 2020 10:15 am
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

It really sucks for Fitzmagic.  From his comments I have heard before this, he knew he was just keeping the seat warm.  He knew at some point that Tua was going to be taking over and he seemed fine with that.  It came as a surprise to everyone that the team is doing it now considering how well Fitzpatrick has played in their 3 wins.  Maybe it is his play in the 3 losses that made the time now?

Miami is in the hunt for the AFC East, even though they are 0-2 vs NE and Buff, they still have two more games vs them coming up.

Timing seems off to me.  I guess with the bye week, you have two weeks to get him ready for his first start.  I would've kept going with Fitzmagic and if the games go sideways where Miami is losing in the second half and can't come back, I'd continue to insert Tua in those situations and leave Fitzpatrick as the starter.  Upcoming games vs Rams, Cardinals, Chargers.  Does Tua give them a better chance to win any of those 3? 

Fitzpatrick deserved better.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 29, 2020 11:33 am
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
World Class Peach
Posted by: @nebish

It really sucks for Fitzmagic.  From his comments I have heard before this, he knew he was just keeping the seat warm.  He knew at some point that Tua was going to be taking over and he seemed fine with that.  It came as a surprise to everyone that the team is doing it now considering how well Fitzpatrick has played in their 3 wins.  Maybe it is his play in the 3 losses that made the time now?

Miami is in the hunt for the AFC East, even though they are 0-2 vs NE and Buff, they still have two more games vs them coming up.

Timing seems off to me.  I guess with the bye week, you have two weeks to get him ready for his first start.  I would've kept going with Fitzmagic and if the games go sideways where Miami is losing in the second half and can't come back, I'd continue to insert Tua in those situations and leave Fitzpatrick as the starter.  Upcoming games vs Rams, Cardinals, Chargers.  Does Tua give them a better chance to win any of those 3? 

Fitzpatrick deserved better.

Fitzpatrick is a lifer when it comes to keeping the seat warm. It probably should not be a surprise to him or anyone else from how many teams he has been on. He plays great at times and others,ugh. I guess if he was more consistent on the good side he might have more of a stable job. Good guy to have as a back up.  Dolphins are .500,they are looking to the future.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 29, 2020 5:02 pm
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach

Weird career Fitzpatrick has had. He's definitely gotten better with age. Good enough to win games on some lousy teams, sometimes in epic fashion, but no team saw him in their future. He had some great moments in Buffalo and Houston, and probably the last good Jets season when they just missed the playoffs in 2016.

Fitzy knew they were going to go with Tua, but he was pretty honest how blind-sided he was regarding how soon they yanked him. It's tough to hear, you gotta feel bad for the guy when he's wondering if he played his last down right when he was playing some solid football. There's a rumor the Cowboys are looking to acquire him which would be interesting.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 29, 2020 5:14 pm
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
World Class Peach
Posted by: @porkchopbob

Weird career Fitzpatrick has had. He's definitely gotten better with age. Good enough to win games on some lousy teams, sometimes in epic fashion, but no team saw him in their future. He had some great moments in Buffalo and Houston, and probably the last good Jets season when they just missed the playoffs in 2016.

Fitzy knew they were going to go with Tua, but he was pretty honest how blind-sided he was regarding how soon they yanked him. It's tough to hear, you gotta feel bad for the guy when he's wondering if he played his last down right when he was playing some solid football. There's a rumor the Cowboys are looking to acquire him which would be interesting.

Not sure Fitz would make a difference. It would be pretty cool if he did come in and turn that whole thing around though. That division is awful. The combined records are 7-20. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 30, 2020 7:53 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

@sang

Fun game to watch if you had no rooting interest. I've said this before but I'm glad I'm glad I don't root for the Bears. Some of the things they do would make you pull your hair out.

You got to go to hell before you get to Heaven.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 3, 2020 8:29 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

I mostly scream that they suck at the TV .... but it was amazing to see them come back again in the 4th quarter.....

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 3, 2020 8:53 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Well, we all had a glorious week of picking last week.  At least we all beat @DanB............ Laugh  

It's getting hard to keep up with all the covid positive QB's ........

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 5, 2020 1:07 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

Now Sang is the one forgetting to pick Thursday games!  Must be too busy with this election thing going on.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 5, 2020 8:39 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

It was so nice out I cut the grass and picked up leaves - and remembered about the game at 7:30 ...... Shocked  

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 5, 2020 9:18 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

I was out blowing leaves today too.  Really loving this weather!  Going to pressure wash the garage tomorrow.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 5, 2020 10:43 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Peach Extraordianire

Yep, Indian Summer - a magical time - beautiful out, 60s-70s today & tmrw, was just as nice over the wknd - big blizzards in Montana currently

maybe Pats can win one tonite over NYJ

Brees had it all over TB12 ystrdy, yow

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 9, 2020 6:35 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

@stephen

Too bad the NFL couldn't flex a different game into tonight for MNF. Who the heck wants to watch the Pats/Jets?

And last night's game was something. Yesterday afternoon I was talking up the game to my wife. What a snoozer. Brady was just awful. And on a national stage. 

Who only runs the ball five times in a game? The answer to that question is a big fat zero. Nobody has ever run the ball that few times. Unreal.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 9, 2020 9:32 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

If the playoffs started today, the Bears would not be in the party. Not to sound like a Bears hater but I kind of figured this was going to catch up to them. They got off to a good start record-wise but they were playing with fire. They haven't been able to run the ball for years (see the Lions for that was well). But in their defense yesterday, their O line was decimated. I think I heard an announcer say yesterday their center had never snapped a ball. I think they moved a guard there. And upper management is certainly to blame. Sorry but they are kind of a mess.  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 9, 2020 9:42 am
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

All you needed to see was when they got into Titan territory 4th and 1 - and then got 2 movement penalties in a row and had to punt... geesh..... Afraid  

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 9, 2020 8:15 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Peach Extraordianire
Posted by: @lee

@stephen

Too bad the NFL couldn't flex a different game into tonight for MNF. Who the heck wants to watch the Pats/Jets?

And last night's game was something. Yesterday afternoon I was talking up the game to my wife. What a snoozer. Brady was just awful. And on a national stage. 

Who only runs the ball five times in a game? The answer to that question is a big fat zero. Nobody has ever run the ball that few times. Unreal.

Yeah the records showed alright, tooth & nail to beat a winless team - yes the times have changed🙃

RIP Tom Heinsohn - like Harry Sinden, left, then returned to stay a few years later - 64 years in Boston - Tommy - watta guy

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 10, 2020 8:03 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

I really thought the Jets were going to get that win Monday. Up 10 in the 4th Q...but it's the Jets. 

unreal how bad Brady and Tampa looked Sunday night!

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 12, 2020 7:27 am
PorkchopBob
(@porkchopbob)
World Class Peach

RIP The Golden Boy

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30310498/green-bay-packers-notre-dame-great-paul-hornung-dies-84

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 13, 2020 2:04 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

Hornung.  Wow.  I love the history and the nostalgia of the NFL.  Paul is an all timer that's for sure, with the stories and reputation off the field to boot.  Different era, it's just not the same now.

Sad seeing these icons pass on.  2020 has been a bad one for it.

Before covid, you could go to sports memorabilia shows and a bunch of these legends would do the circuit.  I had Hornung sign an 8x10 for me.  Sure you can just buy one and hope it is authentic, but there is something to having it in person.

Hornung has said if he knew Frank Leahy was retiring at Notre Dame he would've went to Kentucky.  And Bear Bryant said if Paul had come to UK he'd never have left Lexington.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 13, 2020 4:54 pm
steved
(@steved)
Extreme Peach

The great 60s Packer teams have lost a number of greats this year. Paul number 5, Willie Wood number 24, Herb Adderley number 26, and Willie Davis number 87. All childhood heroes. 

Glad to see the my all-time Packer hero number 64, Jerry Kramer finally made the much deserved HOF.

Amazing after all these years I can still name those players and their numbers. 

Now where are my car keys??? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 13, 2020 5:51 pm
nebish liked
Stephen
(@stephen)
Peach Extraordianire

Watta hero - miracle 59 yard FG as time expired saving the Detroit Football Team after it’d coughed up a 24-3 lead to Redskins

😜There it is - they were cellah dwellin, now they’ve won their last two & suddenly the hard-chahgin’ NY Giants, of all teams, are a half-game out of 1st place

😆🙃

combined records of bottom 3 NFC East teams, incl NYG, is 7-21 - first place Phila not much bettah (3-5-1) - mor-i-bund

SOLID win for Browns today, shutout until mid 4th qtr - Pats will get Balt tonite leaving Balt & Browns at 6-3

This post was modified 2 months ago 3 times by Stephen
ReplyQuote
Posted : November 15, 2020 4:38 pm
LeglizHemp
(@leglizhemp)
World Class Peach

Uhm, how come the head ref always takes his mask off before announcing the penalty? I mean players after the game don't and can be heard perfectly well. And sideline reporters can too. Does the NFL have mic problems with the refs? Or do the refs just want to have their face on TV? I know I don't need to at the liquor store, LOL. 

This post was modified 2 months ago by LeglizHemp
ReplyQuote
Posted : November 15, 2020 9:05 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

The Pats are back! ?

Some of these division races got a lot more interesting this past week starting with the AFC South, flipping Tennessee and Indianapolis  The AFC East...Miami on a 5 game winning streak is only 1 game behind Buffalo.  Baltimore now just 6-3 instead of being atop the wildcard pack, now are in the thick of it among them.  Here come the Giants! (although Eagles still on top division).  A 3-way tie in the NFC West with Arizona, LA and Seattle all 6-3.  Looks like we know who is going to win the NFC North, South and AFC North, but still a lot of games left.  

Brees hurt. How many games might he miss? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 16, 2020 9:52 am
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

Vikings road favorites at Bears tonight.  Nagy giving up play calling...will that actually matter?  Foles might think so.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 16, 2020 9:54 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Yesterday was interesting. As a Lions fan for over 40 years I am accustomed to disappointment. yesterday was just another example. They are up 21 points half way through the third giving three points. I assumed that bet was in. Washington scores once. Not too concerned. They score again. Okay, now they are within one score. Now I am concerned. Then they tie the damn game. Of course Lions win on a field goal that they were lucky to have the opportunity to get because Washington was called for a questionable roughing the QB as the end. Terrible. Patricia needs to go.

The NFC East is unbelievably bad. How can a team with a 3-5-1 record be in first.

The Cards/Bills game was awesome. I was so glad that was on TV in my market. That Beasley kid for Buffalo made an amazing catch and obviously the Hopkins catch was one for the ages.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 16, 2020 9:56 am
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach
Posted by: @lee

Yesterday was interesting. As a Lions fan for over 40 years I am accustomed to disappointment. yesterday was just another example. They are up 21 points half way through the third giving three points. I assumed that bet was in. Washington scores once. Not too concerned. They score again. Okay, now they are within one score. Now I am concerned. Then they tie the damn game. Of course Lions win on a field goal that they were lucky to have the opportunity to get because Washington was called for a questionable roughing the QB as the end. Terrible. Patricia needs to go.

The NFC East is unbelievably bad. How can a team with a 3-5-1 record be in first.

The Cards/Bills game was awesome. I was so glad that was on TV in my market. That Beasley kid for Buffalo made an amazing catch and obviously the Hopkins catch was one for the ages.

Fantastic game for sure that Buffy - Zona game!  I was on Arz-3, but doubled up at HT as Zona was moving the ball well, just stalling in RZ and trailed by 7.  I like taking favorites "on sale" at halftime when it appears they aren't much worse than their opponent, just some correctable circumstances put them in a hole.  Did it with Penn State too.  Doesn't always work, though.

Anyway, yeah that game.  Wow.  The nuk catch with 3 defenders around him! 

I didn't watch much of the Lions game.  I was hoping they would be trailing at HT so maybe I could take them to play catchup in the 2nd H.  Knowing the Lions, I should've taken Washington in the 2nd H knowing the Lions would blow it!  Take it your line was 2.5 or so?  Good win.  Glad you cashed on that one.  I agree Matt Patricia is not the right guy.  Lions track record in the draft, free agency, head coaching hires and GM hires leaves a lot to be desired though doesn't it?

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 16, 2020 11:41 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

@nebish

If it was 2.5 I wouldn't have cared. Pushed.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 16, 2020 1:32 pm
jszfunk
(@jszfunk)
World Class Peach

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 16, 2020 4:24 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
Peach Extraordianire

He could-go-all-the-way😮 - yep an electrifying 104 yd kickoff return as the fans go wild, yawell.....

quickly, Harden likely to rejoin forces w/KD in Brooklyn - wonder what Kyrie thinks of That

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 16, 2020 9:58 pm
Page 19 / 27
Share: