The Allman Brothers Band
Poll: How Should We...

Notifications
Clear all

How would you prefer us to release The Brothers 50th Anniversary MSG Show? Poll is created on Nov 12, 2020

Poll: How Should We Release The Brothers 50th Anniversary MSG Show

96 Posts
60 Users
26 Likes
SamDIngo
(@samdingo)

I ordered the 4k webcast, and since March I have been hoping it would be released as a 4k Blu-ray with 96kHz or higher audio. A Blu-ray release is the superior option for audio and video, and this concert is more than deserving of that treatment. I paid $50 for the 4k ppv, and gladly will pay another $50 for the Blu-ray.

I'll watch concerts that are streamed live, but I don't want to stream one with compressed audio afterwards when when a higher quality version is possible.

Posted : December 6, 2020 7:34 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
sgolston
(@sgolston)

Bluray & CD combo package would be my choice.  Doing DVD only is out of the question in my mind, because that relegates the package to forever being either ignored or regarded as bargain bin fodder--neither representing the dignity such a package deserves. Believe me, I mean my vote as no slight to those brothers & sisters who only have DVD players, as I would love them to be directly accommodated, too.  But if it has to be one or the other, I don't see how you could possibly justify going DVD-only from an artistic perspective.  I haven't mentioned streaming-only simply b/c my perception is so strong that ABB fans are still (and will probably continue to be) physical media users/lovers.....

Posted : December 9, 2020 2:21 am
jsdonnan
(@jsdonnan)
Trusted Member

Bluray is my choice. Glad to hear there will be a remastered cd available as well. A bluray cd combo package would be appealing also. I tend to agree with sgolston's thoughts on this option.

This post was modified 3 years ago by jsdonnan

Posted : December 16, 2020 11:51 pm
OldDog
(@olddog)
Estimable Member

@jsdonnan When will it be released

Posted : December 19, 2020 10:10 am
jsdonnan
(@jsdonnan)
Trusted Member

Rowland would have more insight into a release date than me.

This post was modified 3 years ago by jsdonnan

Posted : December 20, 2020 8:42 pm
rowland
(@rowland)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

We don't have a date yet, sorry.  Probably sometime late in the first half of 2021.

Cheers,
Rowland

I'll get right to it...

Posted : December 21, 2020 6:46 am
The_Newt
(@the_newt)
Reputable Member

DVD, Blu-Ray, and CD.  Streaming quality is usually not nearly consistently that good quality from the ABB, as it is from the dead and phish.

Posted : January 2, 2021 4:59 pm
fender31
(@fender31)
Noble Member

I would love to be able to download it on amazon music.

Posted : January 9, 2021 11:35 am
JimSheridan
(@jimsheridan)
Noble Member

I know that the wheels often have to move slowly due to factors that we just don't know about. 

However, I'd imagine some of the folks involved do have some down time now. 

It is also true that fans of classic-style rock / great live rock are jonesing for that music and are ready to plunk down their dollars. 

It would be a shame if this did not get released by the end of March. March is such a time to celebrate the ABB's New York legacy.

Posted : January 14, 2021 10:45 am
Slyckyr
(@slyckyr)
Reputable Member

I want physical product so Blu-ray preferably.

Posted : January 30, 2021 10:38 pm
ABBDutchFan
(@abbdutchfan)
Noble Member

Sorry, if i sound harsh but is this project still in it's "in which formats should we release this?" phase? It's been almost a year ago. Die hard fans ain't getting younger, for more casual music fans the momentum may already have passed. Lot's of people already streamed it or bought the official download. Since months that download can be obtained illegally and the market is already "flooded" by amateur and professional hardcopy bootlegs including CD/DVD boxsets "looking like the real deal". I hope this is not going to turn into a "we are so disappointed in the sales" kinda release. Stay safe!

Posted : February 27, 2021 6:47 am
rowland
(@rowland)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

Thanks for your input and I know the demand is high for this.  We are not still in the "what format should we use?" phase, I just haven't taken down the poll because people are interested in the results.  I suppose I could close it if that sends a better message.

We projected a release in the first half of 2021 and I haven't heard anything to the contrary.  

Let us know about bootlegs and we will follow up.

Our process takes time as we are remastering the sound and working with the band members to provide the best quality release we can.

Faithful fans will not support illegal bootleggers.

Cheers,

Rowland

I'll get right to it...

Posted : February 27, 2021 8:22 am
WarEagleRK
(@wareaglerk)
Noble Member

Can we also get official (non nugs.net) releases of the final show and the Clapton shows?

Posted : March 5, 2021 11:30 pm
FrimJolly
(@frimjolly)

@rowland, I am doing my best NOT to be the kid in the car asking, "Are we there yet?"  but DAMN, it's hard!!

Posted : March 10, 2021 11:35 am
rowland
(@rowland)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @frimjolly

@rowland, I am doing my best NOT to be the kid in the car asking, "Are we there yet?"  but DAMN, it's hard!!

Hah, I hear you , especially since it's a year ago!  AFAIK still aiming to release in the 1st half of this year.  As Kirk West often says, "patience is a virtue!"

I'll get right to it...

Posted : March 10, 2021 11:52 am
Stephen
(@stephen)
Famed Member

Posted by: @jimsheridan

It would be a shame if this did not get released by the end of March. March is such a time to celebrate the ABB's New York legacy.

Yes in marking the 50th year of the Fillmore East shows, & the many years of Beacon shows, this would’ve been a perfect time for it - but ‘good things come to those who wait’ etc - good to see next month’s release of Texas 71, thanks everyone!👏🤙

but yes, 3/10/20 MSG, & 10/28/14 Beacon would make magnificent tandem releases a la An Evening With/Second Set...

just a daydreaming ABB fan🙃

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Stephen

Posted : March 10, 2021 1:04 pm
FrimJolly
(@frimjolly)

Is it soup yet?

Posted : March 14, 2021 11:19 am
FrimJolly
(@frimjolly)

Beware the Ides of March because I may just  ask again if there is a release date. 🤩

Posted : March 15, 2021 4:36 pm
FrimJolly
(@frimjolly)

@lee, I am not sure If you know this (cause I didn't) but you can play DVDs on a Blue-ray player.

Posted : March 27, 2021 12:37 pm
FrimJolly
(@frimjolly)

Almost April which means close to May which is just before June which is the last month in the 1st half of this year which is when this video is supposed to be released!!!

Posted : March 27, 2021 12:39 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

I will always support the band and buy official releases but they better get it out sooner rather than latter as there are a number of CD/DVD/ Bluray boots hitting market for this show. Easy to find on ebay

I don't own any, and have not seen them, but considering they most likely are sourced from the broadcast and Nugs audio I am guessing they are probably official release quality so they could cut into sales when the official is finally released.

Posted : March 27, 2021 1:26 pm
FrimJolly
(@frimjolly)

@bill_graham, I find it very easy to avoid illegal recordings.  I don't like waiting but I like supporting thieves even less.

Posted : March 27, 2021 1:40 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

@frimjolly you may find it easy but others not so much and the longer they delay the official release of the video/audio the more bootleg copies get sold and customers they may lose.

I will support the band and wait but the bootleggers are selling this show as I type this.

Posted : March 27, 2021 2:02 pm
FrimJolly
(@frimjolly)

@bill_graham, That's a good point.

Posted : March 27, 2021 2:06 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

@bill_graham people who are going to buy boots are going to buy boots regardless. Fans will be patient for a quality product that isn't rushed to market.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : March 27, 2021 3:17 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

@porkchopbob That is not necessarily true as I am an avid bootleg collector and know a number of collectors I have traded with. the majority of us would rather buy the official release than a bootleg of a concert.

The challenge is if we don't always know the band is planning an official release so we will most likely buy the bootleg first. Some, like myself, would later buy the official release but there are fans who will not spend the extra money on the official release if they have a bootleg that is close to official quality. Bootlegs of the Brothers show are not hard to find as all you have to do is search ebay.

The problem with the Brothers show is it is not common knowledge there will be an official release. I only know because I read this forum and not every fan comes here for news.

I am waiting but I feel pretty sure the bootleggers will sell their copies as ABB boots still sell fairly well.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Bill_Graham

Posted : March 27, 2021 3:42 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

@bill_graham

Some, like myself, would later buy the official release but there are fans who will not spend the extra money on the official release if they have a bootleg that is close to official quality.

Exactly, you're a fan and you'll still buy the release. No one involved in the production of a concert bluray is going to speed up production out of fear of a few bootlegs. Just be patient, there was a perfectly fine nugs audio release to satiate people for now.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : March 27, 2021 4:05 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Famed Member

@porkchopbob, I agree Bob they will not and shouldn't rush things. I was just pointing out that they are most likely losing sales to bootlegs which will not be huge, most likely less than 500 units, but since I think the official release will be a low volume seller as well every sale counts yes?

Posted : March 27, 2021 4:10 pm
PorkchopBob reacted
FrimJolly
(@frimjolly)

See the chaos this is causing!  We need the release!  I gotta have my blue ray!  Will I end up seeing Warren on May 1st and STILL not have my Blue-ray?  

Oh!  The humanity!!!

This post was modified 3 years ago by FrimJolly

Posted : March 28, 2021 9:43 am
FrimJolly
(@frimjolly)

I just want to point out that it is now April and I am being extremely patient.  I am NOT going to ask for an update on the release.

Posted : April 8, 2021 3:44 pm
Page 3 / 4
Share: