The Allman Brothers Band
Poll: How Should We...

Notifications
Clear all

How would you prefer us to release The Brothers 50th Anniversary MSG Show? Poll is created on Nov 12, 2020

Poll: How Should We Release The Brothers 50th Anniversary MSG Show

96 Posts
60 Users
26 Likes
rowland
(@rowland)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

Allman Brothers Band would like to hear your opinion.  We are working on releasing a video of The Brothers 50th Anniversary show and want to use a format that works for the majority of you.  Please let us know by answering the poll.  

Thanks!

Rowland

I'll get right to it...

Posted : November 12, 2020 6:01 pm
stormyrider
(@stormyrider)
Noble Member

Blu Ray and Streaming

thanks for asking

This post was modified 3 years ago by stormyrider

Posted : November 12, 2020 6:17 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

I don't buy much physical media, but it seems like most people who buy concert movies go with something in hand. And if it's between bluray and DVD, you're probably better off going with bluray since they are pretty standard and the image quality is significantly superior.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : November 12, 2020 6:19 pm
FrimJolly and utabb reacted
jimmy
(@jimmy)

I am hoping that it was edited better than the Nugs show I watched.  The sound was perfect, but the far away shots.  Not showing right musician make it hard to watch at times.  The sound was great but if its what was previously available its a shame...its not like MOOGIS...that is for sure....i hope it was edited better...

Posted : November 12, 2020 7:10 pm
ManWithNoName
(@manwithnoname)
Eminent Member

Please have an option to buy the Blu-Ray! The video quality is so much better than DVD and streaming typically doesn’t allow for choosing specific songs. 

Posted : November 12, 2020 7:10 pm
FrimJolly reacted
harvey
(@harvey)
Noble Member

I don't have a Blue Ray player, so that is not an option ..... and I live in the countryside where internet connection is sloooowwww so streaming is not an option either ..... so for me it is DVD or nothing!

Posted : November 12, 2020 7:12 pm
slipknot
(@slipknot)

Posted by: @stormyrider

Blu Ray and Streaming

thanks for asking

What he said...

thanks for including us in the process..

Posted : November 12, 2020 7:15 pm
Brewskiman69
(@brewskiman69)

Blu-Ray for the video quality.  Some work on the video editing would be nice.

Posted : November 12, 2020 7:19 pm
musicjaime
(@musicjaime)

I selected Blu-Ray, but why limit to just one format? It appears that there is demand for multiple formats to be available. Thanks for asking...and yes, it was an amazing night. I'm glad I made the trek to be there and to share it with a bunch of friends.

Posted : November 12, 2020 7:20 pm
Shavian
(@shavian)
Reputable Member

Blue Ray or DVD....but only if it's multi-region.

I've got my fingers burnt before with ABB releases which are N America only.

Posted : November 12, 2020 7:40 pm
harvey reacted
(@Anonymous)

Please do not release this exclusively on DVD. It's 2020, Blu-Ray's have been the standard for 10+ years now. Blu-ray allows for much higher fidelity in both video and audio. Streaming is ok too.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Anonymous

Posted : November 12, 2020 7:44 pm
utabb
(@utabb)

I would like Blu-ray and streaming. The blue ray hard copy would be a good momento. Streaming would be nice when we travel in our motor home and forget to bring the Blu-ray disc.😁

Posted : November 12, 2020 8:18 pm
FrimJolly reacted
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Can we stuff the ballot box? 😛 

From the few that have posted this far, I agree with some thoughts from multiple thoughts. Personally, I don't stream. And not that I probably couldn't figure it out but I don't even know how.

No blue ray player like Colin and I'm not gonna buy one just to get one release.

So I want a DVD. Plus I like having the physical item in my hands for some reason. Hey, I still buy CDs and I know a lot of people stopped doing that long ago.

Lastly, aren't things usually released in multiple formats and the purchaser can choose the option they want?

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : November 12, 2020 8:25 pm
harvey reacted
peccles
(@peccles)
Estimable Member

Blu-ray with 5.1 and stereo audio.  Audio formats should be PCM (stereo mix) and Dolby TruHD or DTS-HD Master Audio for the 5.1 mix.

Posted : November 12, 2020 8:36 pm
purple
(@purple)

Posted by: @rowland

Allman Brothers Band would like to hear your opinion.  We are working on releasing a video of The Brothers 50th Anniversary show and want to use a format that works for the majority of you.  Please let us know by answering the poll.  

Thanks!

Rowland

Was at the show, down in front. One of the best ever. Can't wait to watch it again.

Posted : November 12, 2020 8:51 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Illustrious Member

Posted by: @peccles

Blu-ray with 5.1 and stereo audio.  Audio formats should be PCM (stereo mix) and Dolby TruHD or DTS-HD Master Audio for the 5.1 mix.

Perfect example. I have no clue what you just "said". 😉 

Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Posted : November 12, 2020 8:57 pm
harvey reacted
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member

Can always release on Bluray, and then add to a streaming service once physical media has sold out 6-12 months later.

PorkchopBob Studio

Posted : November 12, 2020 8:57 pm
JimSheridan
(@jimsheridan)
Noble Member

BlueRay for sure. Best sound & video quality for music. BlueRay players are dirt cheap now too.

I was at the show and was so blown away. Magic night. However, within the venue, in some sections, the sound was not great - we could not hear Derek on "Dreams" nor Warren's guitar on "Soulshine." The in-house video sometimes focused on the wrong player too. It would be great if the new release fixed that. 

Posted : November 12, 2020 9:31 pm
wease
(@wease)
Trusted Member

Blu-ray all the way. 

a cd or audio download would be nice as well. 

Posted : November 12, 2020 9:55 pm
porkchopbob
(@porkchopbob)
Illustrious Member
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
Famed Member

I'm probably close to the dinosaur here, I like a physical audio copy that I can play indoors with previous purchased equipment or in a vehicle around town or on road trips. 

I have both standard and BlueRay capable video players. Standard dvd I can play multiple places in my home, BlueRay just one player. 

Streaming? Couldn't be less interested. 

Is it really cost prohibitive to the management to issue it in multiple formats? I highly doubt it. Plus, it's a historical performance. 

"My friends say I'm ugly I got a masculine face." Tom Waits

Posted : November 12, 2020 10:08 pm
harvey reacted
wease
(@wease)
Trusted Member
steviesea
(@steviesea)

Posted by: @rowland

Thanks!

Rowland

Posted : November 12, 2020 10:49 pm
Joshd
(@joshd)

Blu-Ray and streaming would be great options.....

I was at the show, pure fire!!!!

EAT A PEACH!!!

Posted : November 12, 2020 10:50 pm
steviesea
(@steviesea)

I would like to see this released on CD! Are there any rumblings on that? 😁

Blue Ray is standard now. 

Posted : November 12, 2020 10:59 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
Illustrious Member

Well, I would rather have them re-create it live in my living room..... but would take a blu-ray with surround sound, please.... Amusing  

Posted : November 13, 2020 12:15 am
Gleno
(@gleno)

Hi,

Dvd, please. I dont own a Blu Ray player.

Thanks for asking.

Glen Makin

Posted : November 13, 2020 12:22 am
birdgirl
(@birdgirl)

I wish we could have chosen more than one because I would have said stream and DVD. That should cover most people. Not everyone has Blu-ray. I don't and plenty of people I know don't.

Posted : November 13, 2020 12:27 am
rusinurbe
(@rusinurbe)

Blu ray would be great and bundle it with the final show and make it region free.

so annoying that the DVD release of the final show was region 1 only a total marketing disaster IMHO for a music disc

Posted : November 13, 2020 3:54 am
garrydempsey
(@garrydempsey)
Trusted Member

Any chance of a vinyl release down the track?

Posted : November 13, 2020 5:41 am
Wayne reacted
Page 1 / 4
Share: