Clear all

MT 30.5 - Is it Summer Yet?

Page 90 / 98
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach
Posted by: @sang

Yes - and the Bears have to play 2 first place teams in a row - could be ugly ...

Maybe the Lions go on a winning streak and the Bears keep losing and the Bears wind up in last place! 😛 

You got to go to hell before you get to Heaven.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 28, 2021 4:10 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

You must be hallucinating ... Exhausted  

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 7:14 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Peach Extraordianire

Didn't want to create a separate topic on this so figured I would just stick this post in this generic thread for anyone who is a fan.

Went to see Hot Tuna last night at the Wilbur Theater in Boston with the David Bromberg band opening. 

I had never seen Bromberg before and really enjoyed their set. Fantastically talented band and love their set of varied musical styles. His fiddle player, all the way to the right, was amazing. Three of them all playing mandolin's on this song

We got a special treat during the Hot Tuna set when they brought out Susan Tedeschi for a couple of songs. Tedeschi Trucks are in town for four shows at the Orpheum Theater this week so it was great to see her show up as a guest. Their last show for 2021 is this coming Saturday so hope her and Derek hang out in town and make a guest appearance at the Allman Family Reunion next week. 

Jorma is 80yrs old  and Jack is 77yrs old but man those guys are still on top of their game. Jorma's vocals sound great and he and Jack can still really pick it.

This post was modified 2 months ago 3 times by Bill_Graham
ReplyQuote
Posted : November 29, 2021 9:39 am
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Saw Hot Tuna at Wanee at least a couple of times - they are fun to watch, and I have Steady as She Goes on my ipod and enjoy every song that comes up from that album.  Glad you got a great show!

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 29, 2021 11:38 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Glad you got a good show Bill. I saw acoustic Hot Tuna in 2000. They opened for the ABB. It was just the two of them I think. Didn't knock my socks off but I enjoyed them.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 29, 2021 2:25 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Peach Extraordianire

@lee 

Yeah Hot Tuna is just Jorma and Jack Cassidy these days with small group of touring musicians each tour. Last night it was just he two of them with a drummer.

I am not a huge fan of Hot Tuna but I do try to go see them every time they come to Boston as I do like their music and Jorma and Jack are legends and so talented.

They played for just over an hour and a half and did a mixture of  acoustic and electric songs last night. Both of those guys playing is still at a high level which is amazing to me considering one is 80 and the other 77yrs old. Both can still pick it and I did not notice any struggles with their playing due to old age. Jorma's vocal still sound great as well.

First time I got to see David Bromberg live and his band is excellent and loved the mixture of musical styles which included some jazz, blues, country and bluegrass. Another 77yr old who can still pick it.

Just a great night out listening to quality live music in a small intimate theater.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 29, 2021 3:37 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

@bill_graham 

I thought it was different between acoustic and electric as far as how they billed themselves. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 29, 2021 4:02 pm
Bill_Graham
(@bill_graham)
Peach Extraordianire

@lee 

They billed last nights Boston show as a mix of acoustic and electric. I have seen them both ways and liked the mix last night. Interestingly on their website they are calling the tour "Electric Hot Tuna" yet their poster mentions a mix and they played a mix last night Although not sure what their definition of acoustic is as even Jorma's acoustic guitars had pickups. he did some fine acoustic guitar picking though.

This post was modified 2 months ago 2 times by Bill_Graham
ReplyQuote
Posted : November 29, 2021 4:15 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

THB got her booster shot Saturday. She feels fine but she has slept a LOT the last two nights. Saturday she slept 12 hours and then Sunday she went to bed at 7:00 for another 10 hours. I guess that can be one of the side effects, fatigue.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 29, 2021 4:15 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Wish I could sleep like that - been having issues with my ear, and can't sleep when it bothers me ..... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 29, 2021 4:19 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
World Class Peach

Greetings!

Snagged 2 1/2 cases of Goose Island BCS this morning! Watered it down only 14% this batch. Laugh  

Couple bottles of The Balvenie Doublewood too. 

Have the Record Store Day Little Feat '74 Ultrasonic Studios playing, been a good day indeed! Cool  

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." Dean Wormer

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 30, 2021 3:07 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

I have a phone meeting with this lady today with Cook County. She only works from 5PM to 7PM. Hmm? Gotta love Chicago I guess.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 30, 2021 4:35 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
World Class Peach

67 today, 73 tomorrow. Is this April? Cool  

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2021 12:45 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Supposed to be 58 here tomorrow - golf weather!  

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2021 1:27 pm
gotdrumz
(@gotdrumz)
Extreme Peach

Hey Gang!

Schleprock here, "wowzie wowzie woo woo"

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2021 10:29 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Goooooooooooooooooooooood 'ol Spring Day! 

Oh wait, it's December. 😯 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 2, 2021 9:17 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Went to my optometrist this morning. They lock the door so they have to allow people to come in. COVID thing. I lowered my mask to put my face into one of their machines and the technician went nuts. How do you fit in the machine with a mask on your face? 🙄 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 2, 2021 1:37 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Well, you usually don't cover your eyes with your mask ..... Laughing Out Loud  

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 2, 2021 4:36 pm
harvey liked
harvey
(@harvey)
Peach Extraordianire

She who must be obeyed completes another cycle around the sun tomorrow ... not saying how old she is, but there is a certain track on Sgt Pepper that will be playing at breakfast ... Nonoise  

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 2, 2021 7:06 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Happy 64th to Jan!  😊 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 2, 2021 11:42 pm
harvey liked
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Goooooooooooooooooooooooood 'ol National Bartender Day! 

I have a feeling Colin might participate. 😛 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 3, 2021 9:07 am
harvey liked
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach
Posted by: @sang

Well, you usually don't cover your eyes with your mask ..... Laughing Out Loud  

If you are as ugly as you then perhaps! 😜 

You stick your face in this contraption. I imagine everyone has done it. Move your face this way, that way. It really was difficult with the mask. Medical technology seems to change all the time. 

I got out of there with about $450 less in my pocket. Grr... 🙄 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 3, 2021 9:17 am
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
World Class Peach
Posted by: @harvey

She who must be obeyed completes another cycle around the sun tomorrow ... not saying how old she is, but there is a certain track on Sgt Pepper that will be playing at breakfast ... Nonoise  

Happy belated birthday to the missus Colin!

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 3, 2021 6:31 pm
harvey liked
harvey
(@harvey)
Peach Extraordianire
Posted by: @oldcoot
Posted by: @harvey

Happy belated birthday to the missus Colin!

It's not belated mate, it is today ... and she says thank you!

Unfortunately she can't celebrate with a tipple as she had her covid booster jab yesterday and is avoiding alcohol as advised for a few days ... but I am making up for it with a drop of Bombay Sapphire ... Cheers!

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 3, 2021 6:55 pm
oldcoot liked
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Another lovely day here - maybe I'll get ahead of Lee since he didn't make any college picks ... Laughing Out Loud  

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 4, 2021 4:25 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

You'll probably still get them all wrong. 😮 Had Thai for dinner. The crab rangoons were great. Chicken satays were wonderful as well.

Now it is just wait for the Meeechigan game to come on. I am nervous.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 4, 2021 7:09 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

You might be right - another tough week .... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 4, 2021 10:50 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
World Class Peach

Lee! Lions win!!!! Amazed  

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2021 4:39 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Peach Extraordianire
Posted by: @oldcoot

Lee! Lions win!!!! Amazed  

Not surprised ... they ought to give the slaves more than just a net to fight with ... bloody Romans ... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 5, 2021 7:17 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Seems a little colder out there today - maybe snow tomorrow ... I'm not ready yet ... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2021 11:18 am
Page 90 / 98
Share: