Was Lee gone or something?    Grinning  

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 12, 2021 8:15 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

No, just ignoring you. 😉 

The weekend was really something. I had an okay time but I sure was glad to hit the pillow late last night when I got home. Really tired. Security was insane even though Michigan lets a lot of stuff go (more on that later). 

I was in the Detroit Metro airport yesterday and I hear my name over the intercom. They wanted me to go to the TSA desk. Already went through security, what's the deal? I got in. That airport is one of the biggest I have ever been to. I found TSA where fortunately it was the gate I went into. 

They had my wallet. I didn't even realize I didn't have it. I can't figure out what happened. When I got through security I sat down but there was no reason why I would have taken it out of my pocket. THB had a good point. She figured when you take everything out of your pockets and almost get naked I probably left it in one of those bins when you go through security. 

The agents obviously made sure I was the right person so they gave me some questions, what is your name (which they already said over the intercom anyway 🙄 ), address, that kind of thing. I still had my boarding pass so I showed them that and this guy just handed it to me. I looked through it, all my money and everything else was there. 

You got to go to hell before you get to Heaven.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 13, 2021 10:02 am
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Nice day today.  Having the kids over to celebrate my daughter's birthday (which was last week).

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 13, 2021 4:01 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach
Posted by: @sang

Nice day today.  Having the kids over to celebrate my daughter's birthday (which was last week).

So if I understand correctly, you were being a lazy ass? 😛 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 13, 2021 4:11 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

This is kind of neat. Last afternoon I am getting off of a plane in Chicago. When you are leaving and the staff, flight attendants, etc. are being nice and all of that the pilot looks at my shirt. It's an old ABB shirt from like 1999 or something. He looks at me and says "Eat A Peach".  I was kind of taken aback. I didn't want to hold up the line so I didn't really say anything to him. 

I get in the airport and I go to the gate, just waiting for when I could get on the plane. Sat at the bar. This guy sees my shirt and he asks me if I've ever heard of Gov't Mule. So I told him yes. Many times. We got going on Red Rocks and this guy knew all sorts of stuff. 

My flight sucked but that was pretty cool. What are are the odds?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 13, 2021 5:19 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Of you being at the bar?   I'd say almost 100% ..... Hi  

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 13, 2021 10:58 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach
Posted by: @lee

Actually, she was .... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 13, 2021 10:59 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Goooooooooooooooooooood 'ol Gobstopper Day! 

Makes me want to watch Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 14, 2021 9:06 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Actually, she was .... 

Her birthday. She's probably entitled.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 14, 2021 9:09 am
harvey
(@harvey)
Peach Extraordianire

Of you being at the bar?   I'd say almost 100% ..... Hi  

Especially if Rocking Horse was being played ..... Wink  

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2021 6:24 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Peach Extraordianire

R.I.P. Vicky Bell ... the lovely wife of our friend Joe, she sadly passed away in the early hours of this morning ...

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2021 6:26 pm
Stephen
(@stephen)
World Class Peach

Very sorry to hear this - Vicky was always very helpful & friendly back in the day of ordering things from Hittin The Note magazine -

to Joe and all her family & friends - deepest condolences

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2021 7:36 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Sorry to hear that - met her a few times and she was always nice.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2021 10:42 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Long day - played golf, lunch afterwards, card game after that, and then drinks with a different group of friends.  This retirement stuff is tough ... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2021 10:43 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooood 'ol Afro Day! 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 15, 2021 9:48 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Wow Colin, that's obviously awful. I hope Joe is doing as well as he can. 😟 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 15, 2021 9:56 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

I heard from a friend a few hours ago that I haven't heard from in literally four months. Nobody in our circle of friends has. She disappeared. She was simply gone. We are all understandably worried. You wonder what could have happened. She dead, in jail, just picked up and left? I even went to her estranged girlfriend and she knows nothing. Her mom won't tell us anything but I was glad to get the message. I know it's from her because nobody else would have sent the message she sent to me so that is good.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 15, 2021 3:40 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooood 'ol Play Doh Day!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 16, 2021 9:16 am
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Played golf at a real pretty course in eff Indiana today - and played pretty well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 16, 2021 6:08 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

That's a pretty weird story Lee (well, most of yours are ... 😀 ).  We had a neighbor ghost us about a year and a half ago.  My wife used to go out with her and one of her friends.  She just started avoiding us and never speaks to us ... even though we see her outside.  She used to come over and hang out and have a beer once in a while.  My wife even put a note in her mailbox that basically said 'I don't know if it was something I did or said, but I'm sorry and want to stay good neighbors.  Nothing - she never responded and hasn't talked to us since .... looks like she doesn't really talk to any of the neighbors now ... just strange. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 16, 2021 6:13 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
World Class Peach
Posted by: @harvey

R.I.P. Vicky Bell ... the lovely wife of our friend Joe, she sadly passed away in the early hours of this morning ...

So very sorry to hear this. Met her briefly at a Red Rocks show. No doubt a horribly bad time for Joe. 

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." Dean Wormer

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 18, 2021 3:54 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
World Class Peach

This is kind of neat. Last afternoon I am getting off of a plane in Chicago. When you are leaving and the staff, flight attendants, etc. are being nice and all of that the pilot looks at my shirt. It's an old ABB shirt from like 1999 or something. He looks at me and says "Eat A Peach".  I was kind of taken aback. I didn't want to hold up the line so I didn't really say anything to him. 

I get in the airport and I go to the gate, just waiting for when I could get on the plane. Sat at the bar. This guy sees my shirt and he asks me if I've ever heard of Gov't Mule. So I told him yes. Many times. We got going on Red Rocks and this guy knew all sorts of stuff. 

My flight sucked but that was pretty cool. What are are the odds?

My only two airline securities stories are somewhat unique. 

In college got called to report to the "entrance desk" which I'd already checked into. Had typical long hair but otherwise didn't "look suspicious." Told I fit "a profile." Back then you could hand a note to a stewardess "fly us to Havana." And they would. They told me the FBI wanted to clear me for flight. I said wott if I refuse? You ain't get on the plane. The FBI suggested we step into a stairwell to frisk me. I said, do it right here. So palms against the way I got cleared. Have to admit I enjoyed the OMG looks from the rest of the passengers before and during the flight. 

The other memorable airport experience was a bunch of unfamiliar guests of the groom who had flown into O'Hara airfield and we're waiting on a few others. We were in a bar that went by the name of the longitude and latitude of where we were. One of the assembled thought it would be a good idea for us to smoke a joint. This was late '70's,not a cool idea at all. 

We did it anyway. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 18, 2021 4:14 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Playing two rounds of golf tomorrow - my regular 6:30 tee time and then a charity scramble at noon at a different course.   Should be fun - hope my body survives .... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 18, 2021 10:42 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Peach Extraordianire

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooood 'ol Where is Lee day!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 19, 2021 7:12 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Hot day today - I am beat ..... but it was fun ...

Recorded the Bear game -since they won I will watch it now before I fall asleep ... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 19, 2021 8:55 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
World Class Peach

Good Afternoon! Hi  

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2021 1:05 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood 'ol Punch Day!

Who wants to punch me? The most!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 20, 2021 3:53 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Hot day today - I am beat ..... but it was fun ...

Recorded the Bear game -since they won I will watch it now before I fall asleep ... 

Wanna know who won?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 20, 2021 4:08 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Like I said, since they won .... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2021 5:28 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooood 'ol Miniature Golf Day!

I wonder if Sang uses a cart to get around the Put Put course. 😛 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 21, 2021 9:40 am
Page 78 / 83
Share: