ReplyQuote
Posted : June 11, 2021 12:55 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach
Posted by: @sang

Another hot day here today ... 

I hear ya. I came home a bit ago, closed all the windows and blinds and cranked up one of the A/C units. I hate complaining about the heat but my God it is so hot. THB will be blasting the air for the next four or five days. ComEd is going to love me. 😟 

You got to go to hell before you get to Heaven.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 11, 2021 3:30 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Gotta pay for my pension some how ... Grinning  

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 11, 2021 4:14 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

I had an interesting call this morning. I hadn't opened my mail from AARP because they always send me crap. I forgot I applied for a life insurance policy from them because they had a really low rate. They accepted it and started taking money out of one of my accounts to pay the premiums. So I get a letter from them saying since they hadn't heard back from me they were cancelling me. Even though they sent me approval of the policy including an exact copy of my application in my own writing.

I call the number to ask what the issue was. This lady tells me I was born May first. I said no I was born May fifth. Well their system swears I was born May first. So I'm like how the hell do you know (or even care) what my birthday is? And how would you when I was born anyway? I never provided proof. She says I have to send a copy of my ID or birth certificate. I told her just to put in I was born May first, I didn't care. But you told me you were born May 5th she says. 

I said I thought you needed my brother's social security number which they didn't have. They never asked. So I made the mistake of calling him a minor beneficiary. So the lady thinks my brother is a child. I tell her no, he's older than 18. She said he had to be 21. I said no, I meant he doesn't get as much in minor. He's older than me. At this point I was getting really frustrated.

So even though I have a signed copy of the policy from The New York Life Insurance Company my policy has not been activated and they will refund my money until I can prove I was born on May fifth. I have the bleeping policy saying May fifth. 🙄 

I sent an email to THB and my brother telling them all of this and that they had to wait a couple of weeks before they can have me whacked. 😛 

This post was modified 1 month ago by Lee

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 11, 2021 4:36 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Gotta pay for my pension some how ... Grinning  

I live in Chicago. I am paying for someone's underfunded pension for wottever reason. Nobody is funding me. I think you might actually be too since you live in Cook County.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 11, 2021 4:45 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooood 'ol Welcome Your In Laws to Your House Day! 😮 

I have to make three of them lunch today. Then they leave. Tomorrow they return at which time at least four (maybe six) more show up. So I might be preparing food for 11 or so people. I only have six wieners. I told THB we don't have enough food.

So she mentioned something about just having pizzas brought in. More expensive but less work.

Yesterday THB said her dad needs caffeine free Diet Coke. I went to three stores and couldn't find it. And her brother from Florida needs Bud Light. I hate that crap but now I have to get that. This morning. 

So I told THB I'll find everything they want if her parents will bring me Yuengling beer. They can get it but we can't. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 12, 2021 6:16 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

The first round is in an Uber. I asked THB why we aren't watching our niece and she said they are going to see their relatives. So I asked her if they are going to see the relatives, why aren't they taking her with them.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 12, 2021 11:37 am
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

The sky is wet ... wott's happening?  Grinning  

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 12, 2021 5:12 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Wish the Sox could play the Tigers every day ... 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 12, 2021 6:20 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Wish the Sox could play the Tigers every day ... 🤣 

I'm sure every team does. I actually won money on them last night. My friend gave me two and a half runs. 😉 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 12, 2021 8:55 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

In laws are not here at the moment. They will be back tomorrow. It is nice to see our niece. She is growing up. I don't like that. She should be a cute little girl.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 12, 2021 9:08 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooood 'ol International Axe Throwing Day! 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 13, 2021 7:18 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

So day one of the in law experience is in the books. Wasn't too bad. I had to take three of them to a bus stop and get them on one. My watering hole is right next to the bus stop. I had no intentions of going in there but my brother in law told me Carin said I was meeting my friends there. I did not know this. Well I believed him and he was right.

Today we are having, I don't know how many people are coming to hang out on the roof. I told THB last night that the beauty of my family is that there aren't that many of them. She's got them coming from three states. 😮 

It reminds me of when I moved to Chicago 15 years ago. Everybody thought they found a free hotel.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 13, 2021 8:40 am
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

I have had cataracts removed in both eyes.  The one that was done 3 years ago is cloudy again.  Have to go in tomorrow for a laser procedure.  Supposedly only takes a minute or 2 ... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 13, 2021 5:07 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

In laws are back. 😮 

More details to follow. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 13, 2021 5:36 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Goooooooooooooooooooooood 'ol International Bath Day!

I think that means I can get in the tub with a hot Swedish chick or something. 😉 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 14, 2021 7:55 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Day two of in law invasion is in the books. THB is taking her frustration out on me. I can't do anything right. And now her parents get here. 😮 At least they are going to the White Sux game tonight. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 14, 2021 8:03 am
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
World Class Peach

Mama! 95 today and tomorrow, 100 on Wednesday and 104 on Thursday! Will be a real challenge to keep the lawn from burning up.

"There is never any end. There are always new sounds to imagine; new feelings to get at. And always, there is the need to keep purifying these feelings and sounds so that we can really see what we've discovered in its pure state." John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 14, 2021 2:42 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Not too bad here. We get a nice breeze off of Lake Meeechigan.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 14, 2021 6:18 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

THB's parents got here. They were two hours late. Her brother got here and they headed for Comiskey. They want to tailgate. Fine. Before they left my sister in law was complaining about this stressful vacation. I just rolled my eyes. Tomorrow will be day four of you bring here. 

THB's dad didn't know I wasn't going to the game and I think he was disappointed. He likes baseball. Her brother who has the tix got 8 of 12 free. He's charging who the hell knows $25 or $30 for the ones he is out of pocket for. We being one of the recipients of the charge. THB said she couldn't get to the bank and has no cash so I will pay him. For a game I'm not even going to. And we are out five or six hundred bucks already for the food. 🙄 

I hope the White Sux lose. 😉 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 14, 2021 6:34 pm
nebish
(@nebish)
World Class Peach

I had to google THB...and I know what you are referring to but can't get the exact words right.  Google is clueless, actually a little comical.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 14, 2021 9:57 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

The Hot Blonde .... sure took her long enough to figure out Lee can't do anything right ... Grinning  

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 15, 2021 1:32 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Goooooooooooooooooood 'ol Beer Day Britain! Is Harvey still awake?

History of Beer Day Britain

Beer has such a rich and vibrant history, we can’t possibly do it justice in just this one article. As arguably the oldest alcoholic drink, it’s an absolute favorite not just in Britain, but worldwide.

Beer is made by brewing, a process which requires fermenting cereal and water with yeast. There are plenty of traditional methods of doing this, and ancient records suggest that humans have been brewing since around 6000BC.

Beer Day Britain sees pubs and brewers across Britain taking part in beer-based festivities for the weekend, just before Father’s Day.

June 15th was chosen for Beer Day Britain because the Magna Carta was sealed on this date, way back in 1215. In it, article 35 states ‘Let there be throughout our kingdom a single measure for wine and a single measure for ale and a single measure for corn, namely the London quarter’ – proof that ale was just as important back then as it is today!

Author and beer aficionado Jane Peyton started up Beer Day Britain, and thanks to her this day has the support of the biggest organizations in the beer industry of Britain. So that’s even more reason to take notice of this day!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 15, 2021 7:23 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

The Hot Blonde .... sure took her long enough to figure out Lee can't do anything right ... Grinning  

Well, I don't root for the White Sux so I have that right. 😉 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 15, 2021 8:03 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

@lee Not this year you don't ... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 16, 2021 12:21 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Gooooooooooooooooooood 'ol Bubblegum Day!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 16, 2021 12:31 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Neighbors are finally having their deck rebuilt - lots of pounding and sawing going on for 2 days - don't they know retired people sleep late?  

Painted our deck finally yesterday - I had cleaned it off to paint it the day I threw my back out.  First round of golf since then will be Friday ... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 16, 2021 12:46 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

@lee Not this year you don't ... 

Every year.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 16, 2021 12:51 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
World Class Peach

Sheesh. 100 today, 102 tomorrow. Will we notice that two degrees? I Dont Know  

"There is never any end. There are always new sounds to imagine; new feelings to get at. And always, there is the need to keep purifying these feelings and sounds so that we can really see what we've discovered in its pure state." John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 16, 2021 2:19 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

90s here the next couple of days. 100 is a tad too much. Nice today. Got a breeze off Lake Meeechigan.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 16, 2021 4:34 pm
Page 61 / 70
Share: