Notifications
Clear all

MT 30.5 - Raise Taxes on Everyone!

Page 60 / 61
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Back is feeling a little better - may be able to get a couple of things done around here today ... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 6, 2021 1:18 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Gooooooooooooooooooooood 'ol VCR Day!

Does anyone still have a machine? I have a VCR/DVR player that I've never used. Don't even know if it still works and I've held onto some tapes over the years. I even bought some ABB tapes on purpose online.

You got to go to hell before you get to Heaven.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 7, 2021 8:49 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

THB went to work today, hasn't seen her colleague/friend in over a year and the first thing she tells THB is she broke up with her fiance. Wow. I met him once and he is rather strange. At least she realized it before they got married. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 7, 2021 10:03 am
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

I still have a couple VCR's, but never use them.. Mostly converted all the old tapes I wanted to dvd's a few years ago.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 7, 2021 11:55 am
StratDal liked
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Back is getting better - was able to change the spark plug and air filter on the mower and planted a few tomato plants.  May try to swing a golf club Wednesday or Thursday.....

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 7, 2021 11:57 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

@sang

Given my back issues you are braver than me if you are going to swing clubs if you have back pain. Tiger Woods went through all that with his as you know. When he first went through it I thought he was kind of a pansy. Then when I was diagnosed I almost felt bad for the jerk. Couldn't imagine swinging anything. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 7, 2021 3:55 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Ultimate Peach

Yeah ... before you start being brave and swinging again spend a few months rehabilitating first ..... open fridge door, take out beer, drink beer, repeat .....

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 7, 2021 6:47 pm
StratDal liked
StratDal
(@stratdal)
Peach Extraordianire
Posted by: @harvey

Yeah ... before you start being brave and swinging again spend a few months rehabilitating first ..... open fridge door, take out beer, drink beer, repeat .....

And remember to drink a glass of water or two... stay hydrated to drink more beer...!

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 7, 2021 7:21 pm
harvey liked
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Goooooooooooooooooood 'ol National Name Your Poison Day!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 8, 2021 7:13 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 8, 2021 7:24 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

And watch soccer. It will help him sleep. 😉 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 8, 2021 8:31 am
harvey liked
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

So last night we are sitting in the living room and we hear a huge crash in the kitchen. I opened an overhead cabinet and I think a bracket broke so the entire shelf and of course, everything on it fell. Stuff everywhere. It was the middle shelf of three. I don't know how it did it but it dislodged the shelf above it, landed on the lower shelf and at the moment is being supported by three Miller Light plastic cups that are stacked together. Thankfully I guess they were higher than anything else so it stopped it from being worse.

I tried to get a plate out this morning and they are all stuck. 

There's an engineer supposedly coming here and I'm pretty sure they will just replace the whole thing. Which is going to suck because the cabinet next to it is attached so that will have to go. And then I envision them saying they can't get cabinets that match the other half of the kitchen so they will have to replace those too. Over the stove, frig, microwave that they just put in. 

Sucks. All because a bracket broke. I can't find it and I'm afraid to move anything because it might make the situation worse. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 8, 2021 10:04 am
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Probably going to a minor league game tonight .... my racquetball buddies (drinking buddies mostly since a few of us don't play anymore) that usually go to microbrews on Tuesday nights have been going to a Windy City Thunderbolts game once a year.  It's like $2 to park and $2 for the tickets - and the beers are cheap.   As long as it doesn't rain we are going .... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 8, 2021 1:23 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Lee must have failed handyman training .... Grinning  

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 8, 2021 1:24 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

@sang

You don't know the half of it. The engineer f*cked it up so bad. When I got home I noticed he screwed up the shelving. So we call the management company and tell them they have to change that. Not a big deal really. But we can't put dishes away. So then I notice he didn't put the cabinet next to the one right next to it. So the things on the walls are wrong.

THEN, I look at the "new" cabinets and there is white paint on them. All over them. So he didn't fix ours or get us new ones. He gave us old ones. Carin is going to blow a bowel when she sees this. I'm afraid of telling her. 

This is so bad.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 8, 2021 4:45 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach
Posted by: @sang

Probably going to a minor league game tonight .... my racquetball buddies (drinking buddies mostly since a few of us don't play anymore) that usually go to microbrews on Tuesday nights have been going to a Windy City Thunderbolts game once a year.  It's like $2 to park and $2 for the tickets - and the beers are cheap.   As long as it doesn't rain we are going .... 

The White Sux are at home?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 8, 2021 5:11 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

No, they're in first place ..... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 8, 2021 5:19 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

In laws are supposedly coming here this weekend. I think they are coming in shifts. I hope anyway. 😮 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 8, 2021 5:26 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach
Posted by: @sang

No, they're in first place ..... 

In the minor leagues? 😛 Tiggers are there so I guess it could be.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 8, 2021 5:28 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Goooooooooooooooooood 'ol Donald Duck Day!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 9, 2021 8:18 am
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Fun time last night.  Windy City Thunderbolts are in the Partner League.  Last night they played Southern Illinois.  They lost 3-2, giving up all 3 runs in the first inning on 3 walks, a hit-by-pitch and 1 hit.  Beautiful night out.  I missed my chance though - I was wearing a golf hat, and one of the employees asked if I golfed - I said yes.  She wanted me to do one of their promotions - hit a couple golf balls from the left field line to center field and try to get closer to a pin they put out there than one of the players did.  I told her I couldn't do it because of my back.  Some other guy did it and won 2 free passes to a local 9-hole course.   Oh well .... 

It was free parking, they allowed tailgating, and it was $2 admission and $2 hot dog night.  Can't beat it .... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 9, 2021 1:18 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Actually they are in the Frontier League, which is a MLB Partner League ...

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 9, 2021 4:43 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

You should have tried to do it, refused to sign a waiver regarding injury, fell to the ground in agonizing pain and sued the team. 😛 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 9, 2021 5:15 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

If you've never been to a Chicago Dogs game in Rosemont, you should try to catch one (no pun intended). It is far from the best park I've ever been to. It is RIGHT on the expressway so it's loud as hell. They are independent but it is still fun. Not quite as cheap as your game but still a bargain. And there's a shuttle that will take you anywhere in Rosemont you want to get to. Took me from the train station and dropped me off at the front gate, then picked me up after the game. It was like I had my own limo service. 

I think beers and hot dogs were a buck each. Tickets are $8 or something like that.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 9, 2021 5:22 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Gooooooooooooooooooooood 'ol Mailbox Day!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 10, 2021 8:06 am
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Wish it would rain ... they had it in the forecast just about all week - and nothing.   Drought maps of the south west and west look pretty scary .... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 10, 2021 1:49 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

THB said to me this morning, "So many things I say, you pretty much ignore". Fair amount of truth to that.

So my retort was ,"Perhaps if you didn't say so many things  I wouldn't have so many things to ignore".

Was that a good idea? I thought it was clever.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 10, 2021 4:19 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

@sang

We got some rain the other day but not much. Whenever it rains here even more than a sprinkling, the side streets flood in our neighborhood. The alleys are even worse. It's almost like there is no drainage system. In the spring when the snow melts, boy you better wear your boots. 

This post was modified 3 days ago by Lee

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 10, 2021 4:30 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Ultimate Peach
Posted by: @lee

THB said to me this morning, "So many things I say, you pretty much ignore". Fair amount of truth to that.

So my retort was ,"Perhaps if you didn't say so many things  I wouldn't have so many things to ignore".

Chances are it was not clever ... I always worry when they go silent ... it usually means they are plotting your untimely end ...

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 10, 2021 6:59 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach
Posted by: @lee

Chances are it was not clever ... I always worry when they go silent ... it usually means they are plotting your untimely end ...

THB basically told me the same thing. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 10, 2021 8:41 pm
Page 60 / 61
Share: