Notifications
Clear all

MT 30.5 - Land of Confusion Thread

Page 55 / 71
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
World Class Peach
Posted by: @lee

Sunday I was in a watering hole wearing An ABB shirt. This friend looked at it and said, "Who is the Allman Cubans Band?". 

Another friend agreed with her, saying it is difficult to make out the words. 🙄 

How long had your friends been at the bar? Wink  

"There is never any end. There are always new sounds to imagine; new feelings to get at. And always, there is the need to keep purifying these feelings and sounds so that we can really see what we've discovered in its pure state." John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 18, 2021 11:07 am
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
World Class Peach

Greetings!

"There is never any end. There are always new sounds to imagine; new feelings to get at. And always, there is the need to keep purifying these feelings and sounds so that we can really see what we've discovered in its pure state." John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 18, 2021 11:07 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

So contractors were in our kitchen today. THB ordered all of the appliances to be replaced. Except the dishwasher. That's already been done twice. I wasn't told when it would happen. I came home, walk off the elevator and there is a new stove and an old one in the hallway. I'm like, "Oh Crap". So they had started it without telling us. I come in and I'm like, "WTF?". They were tearing the kitchen apart.

We were told to do this they say. The main issue was with the frig and freezer. They were concerned about the food. They told me they would move the frig into the living room and plug it in to the hallway. Then I could move all of the food from the living room back into the kitchen, the new frig while there is still a frig in my living room, then I would call and have someone replace the old frig. 

I honestly don't even know wott to think. 

I tried to soften the blow with her but she is going to be livid when she gets home.

And ironically the city is shutting off the water in our building tomorrow for seven hours anyway. Gotta love Chicago.

This post was modified 2 months ago by Lee

You got to go to hell before you get to Heaven.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 18, 2021 4:57 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach
Posted by: @oldcoot

Sunday I was in a watering hole wearing An ABB shirt. This friend looked at it and said, "Who is the Allman Cubans Band?". 

Another friend agreed with her, saying it is difficult to make out the words. 🙄 

How long had your friends been at the bar? Wink  

They were girls.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 18, 2021 4:59 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Trust me, they could drink all of us under the table.

Well, maybe not the English guy. 😉 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 18, 2021 5:02 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Played golf this morning and beat the raindrops ..... off to a microbrew tonight .... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 18, 2021 5:24 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Peach Extraordianire

Hey, I resemble that remark ... Wink  

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 19, 2021 4:04 am
harvey
(@harvey)
Peach Extraordianire

She who must be obeyed gets her second jab today ... just in time for the grandkids to come and visit in two weeks time ... whoo-hoo as you chaps say ... Cool  

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 19, 2021 4:09 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Goooooooooooooooooooooood 'ol Numeracy Day!

wott does that mean?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 19, 2021 6:38 am
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach
Posted by: @harvey

Hey, I resemble that remark ... Wink  

No kidding ..... Grinning  

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 19, 2021 2:33 pm
harvey liked
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Sang - 

You might like this. I would like to see them but it is in the boonies for me. Is this a minor league baseball stadium?

https://www.ticketmaster.com/event/04005AACA8D51620?did=reunions&utm_source=TourPage&utm_medium=Digital&utm_campaign=JasonIsbell

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 19, 2021 4:06 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Just looked at the prices. He's got nuggets charging that much.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 19, 2021 4:08 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Warming up. Scratching 80 degrees now. Might hit 90 this weekend. No central air so I gotta get the A/C units out. Pain in the asses putting them in.

Then the electric bill goes through the roof for about four months.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 19, 2021 4:50 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

I don't have the password, so I can't see the ticket prices.  We saw him solo in Downers Grove and my wife loved him.  Yes I think that's a minor league park.

Bob Mould is playing the Vic in September with his band, and is playing solo in Bloomington in October.  Vic tickets are $35 - probably try to go to one or both shows....

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 19, 2021 7:29 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Gooooooooooooooooooood 'ol Global Accessibility Awareness Day!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 20, 2021 6:21 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

@sang

I think Schaumburg has a low minor league team. Anyway, the password is REUNIONS. On the infield tickets start at $104.50 before fees. The cheapest seats are $59.50. Hell The Truckers don't charge that much and he left them.

And $35 at The Vic is a bargain as you know.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 20, 2021 6:35 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Latest news on my refrigerator. Since I know you are waiting with baited breath. When I came home I knew they had moved it because things on top of it were in different places and they left a bit of a mess. That puzzled me. Come to find out they did indeed bring in a new one, tried to install it. But they ordered the wrong size. Didn't fit. Never said a word to me.

The building didn't tell us, THB had to bitch at them to get an answer. So as I understand it now, it won't be here for a week or two when they get more appliances. 🙄 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 20, 2021 6:50 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Isbell is playing the minor league stadium in Normal, IL (near ISU) -tickets are $55 plus a few dollars in fees - but go all the way up to $1200 for Gold VIP packages.    Drive By Truckers playing the Vic also .... us old men need places with seats from now on ... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 20, 2021 7:34 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Played golf today, and did something I don't think I have done before - 6 pars in a row!  Also was putting for an eagle on a par 5 - but only got the par.  The windmill hole was the toughest .... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 20, 2021 7:35 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach
Posted by: @sang

Isbell is playing the minor league stadium in Normal, IL (near ISU) -tickets are $55 plus a few dollars in fees - but go all the way up to $1200 for Gold VIP packages.    Drive By Truckers playing the Vic also .... us old men need places with seats from now on ... 

I can't remember, isn't there a seated balcony or is that the Riv? Patterson is playing The City Winery but those are sold out.

Truckers are also playing Evanston and Summerfest.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 20, 2021 9:37 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooood 'ol I need A Patch For That Day!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 21, 2021 6:38 am
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
World Class Peach

Good afternoon. 75 and 40 mph winds. We could have hosted the PGA!

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 21, 2021 2:50 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

I got bit by a dog.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 21, 2021 4:23 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Went to get tix for The Drive By Truckers. They had two options: Best available and general admission. I had to select from their "great ticket options". It defaulted to best available so I clicked on that. Price seemed too high. So I clicked on general admission. Same price. They took a $34 ticket and jacked it up to over $47. If you want to get your ticket at will call, they tack on $6 more. How you can take a $34 ticket and get it to $53 is beyond me. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 21, 2021 4:33 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

I got tickets for Bob Mould and Drive By Truckers.  2 tickets for each were $91.65.  The Vic has seating upstairs - or we wouldn't go.  Glad Bob is playing there - he usually plays Metro.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 21, 2021 5:04 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Going to "grill" out tomorrow for a few folks. We can't grill on the roof so it will just be a George Foreman thing. I got some beer brats and made potato salad today. I've never made it and it actually turned out pretty good. A friend just got back from Milwaukee and brought me some dill garlic cheese curds. I've never tried to batter and deep fry them so I guess they will just be an appetizer. I don't think cooked or not cooked are any better than the other one.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 21, 2021 5:11 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

I got tickets for Bob Mould and Drive By Truckers.  2 tickets for each were $91.65.  The Vic has seating upstairs - or we wouldn't go.  Glad Bob is playing there - he usually plays Metro.

Do you know wott AXS Mobile ID means to get a ticket? Do you have to have some kine of app on your phone?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 21, 2021 6:08 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Peach Extraordianire

Played golf today, and did something I don't think I have done before - 6 pars in a row!  Also was putting for an eagle on a par 5 - but only got the par.  The windmill hole was the toughest .... 

Can't believe you haven't done 6 bars in a row before ... oops ... my bad ... you said pars Wink  

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 21, 2021 7:12 pm
Sang liked
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Yes Lee, you have to download the AXS mobile app.  Seemed easier than paying $12 ...

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 21, 2021 10:57 pm
Page 55 / 71
Share: