The Allman Brothers Band
Notifications
Clear all

MT 30.5 - Why won't someone change the darn title?

Page 54 / 62
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach
Posted by: @lee
Posted by: @sang

I had a professor in grad school that died cleaning out his gutters and ice on the eaves of his roof. He fell and broke his neck. I'll never forget that. I went into my office on a Monday morning and was told by the dean of our department. I'll never forget that.

I guess you should pay someone to clean your gutters.

Especially if you are as old as coot* ..... 

Noone is as old as coot. 

If I remember right, his ss# is 000-00-0001

This post was modified 1 month ago 2 times by Sang
ReplyQuote
Posted : May 15, 2021 12:10 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Gooooooooooooooooooooood 'ol World Whisky Day!

Anyone have any Old Grand Dad?

Wait, enough about *coot! 😛 

You got to go to hell before you get to Heaven.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 15, 2021 6:53 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

It just dawned on me; should it be spelled Whisky or Whiskey?

Apparently both spellings are acceptable. I went with Whisky because that means I save a keystroke because I am a lazy ass. Of course explaining my dilemma has resulted in more typing. This is a conundrum I tell ya. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 15, 2021 7:00 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

I had a professor in grad school that died cleaning out his gutters and ice on the eaves of his roof. He fell and broke his neck. I'll never forget that. I went into my office on a Monday morning and was told by the dean of our department. I'll never forget that.

Noone is as old as coot. 

IfI remember right, his ss# is 000-00-0001

I believe his annual statements are written in hieroglyphics. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 15, 2021 7:02 am
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
World Class Peach

Noone is as old as coot. 

Just think how long I've been drawing on that! Smile  

"There is never any end. There are always new sounds to imagine; new feelings to get at. And always, there is the need to keep purifying these feelings and sounds so that we can really see what we've discovered in its pure state." John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 15, 2021 12:34 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
World Class Peach

Noone is as old as coot. 

I believe his annual statements are written in hieroglyphics. 

Cave drawings. Cool  

"There is never any end. There are always new sounds to imagine; new feelings to get at. And always, there is the need to keep purifying these feelings and sounds so that we can really see what we've discovered in its pure state." John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 15, 2021 12:36 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
World Class Peach

Good Morning!

Immaculate weather here today.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 15, 2021 12:37 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Raining here.  Forecast shows rain every day this week.  Guess I don't have to worry about painting the deck this week ... and golf could be in jeopardy ... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 15, 2021 1:02 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
World Class Peach

Lee, got a pony you're financially riding in The Preakness?

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 15, 2021 2:48 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
World Class Peach

Lee, did you get my "George Brett" text?

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 15, 2021 5:12 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach
Posted by: @oldcoot

Lee, got a pony you're financially riding in The Preakness?

I offered my buddy to pick a number. He took seven  and I took five. Ten bucks. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 15, 2021 6:40 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Lee, did you get my "George Brett" text?

I think you changed your number. I looked up the area code and three people live in it so I figured it was you.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 15, 2021 6:42 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

I still like Midnight Bourbon. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 15, 2021 6:44 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Ultimate Peach

Apparently both spellings are acceptable. I went with Whisky because that means I save a keystroke because I am a lazy ass. Of course explaining my dilemma has resulted in more typing. This is a conundrum I tell ya. 

Whisky is Scottish (Scotch) ... Whiskey is Irish ... I think most US versions (Bourbon etc) tend to be distilleries set up by Irish immigrants, hence most seem to be spelled with an "e"

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 15, 2021 6:53 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooood 'ol Sea Monkey Day! I think Wottie would approve.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 16, 2021 7:41 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Since I had Midnight Bourbon with my pal I decided to take him to place, which he did. Don't know why I chose place but it worked out. That paid 2.3 to 1 so that was good too!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 16, 2021 7:44 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

@harvey

Interesting Colin. I'm not a linguist. I do know the Irish are good at celebrating St. Patty's Day. I remember years ago I flew into La Guardia for an ABB Beacon Run when New York had their St. Patty's Day celebration. I was trying to get to the hotel and I was stuck on, I think it was 5th avenue and couldn't cross the street to get to the west side due to the parade. I figured, screw it. I got out of my cab and drank on the street with the locals. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 16, 2021 7:52 am
harvey liked
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
World Class Peach
Posted by: @harvey

Whisky is Scottish (Scotch) ... Whiskey is Irish ... I think most US versions (Bourbon etc) tend to be distilleries set up by Irish immigrants, hence most seem to be spelled with an "e"

Colin, did you read this, or, have you tried each product? Wink  

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 16, 2021 12:04 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
World Class Peach

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooood 'ol Sea Monkey Day! I think Wottie would approve.

Sure do miss John.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 16, 2021 12:05 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
World Class Peach

Didn't have a wager but that was who I liked also. Would have probably bet a $30 combo ticket if I had. Two legs would have come in.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 16, 2021 12:07 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
World Class Peach

Very pleasant soaking rain here since early morning. Mother Nature cutting back on the water bill. Cool  

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 16, 2021 12:08 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Beautiful morning for golf .... supposed to rain tonight.   Going to a Greek restaurant later to celebrate my youngest turning 30 .... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 16, 2021 2:03 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Ultimate Peach
Posted by: @harvey

Colin, did you read this, or, have you tried each product? Wink  

I do believe that the partaking of a sufficient amount of samples is essential in order to form an educated opinion, Steve ... Wink  

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 16, 2021 6:35 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Goooooooooooooooood 'ol Pinot Grigio Day! 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 17, 2021 8:42 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Didn't have a wager but that was who I liked also. Would have probably bet a $30 combo ticket if I had. Two legs would have come in.

Don't horses have four legs?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 17, 2021 8:51 am
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
World Class Peach

Don't horses have four legs?

I'm not entirely sure that some I've wagered on did. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 17, 2021 10:46 am
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

My local Jewel has had Bourbon County Stout on sale for $4.99 - even the flavors - I pick a few up every time I go there ... too bad some were lost earlier to the Pony Express to Kneebraska ...  🍺 I Dont Know Grinning  

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 17, 2021 5:37 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Goooooooooooooooooood 'ol No Dirty Dishes Day!

THB will love this. 🙄 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 18, 2021 7:22 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Last night I saw a commercial for Hyundai. The opening line mentions "My Guardian Angel". 😡 

Nothing is said of a hard hat though! 😉 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 18, 2021 7:24 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Sunday I was in a watering hole wearing An ABB shirt. This friend looked at it and said, "Who is the Allman Cubans Band?". 

Another friend agreed with her, saying it is difficult to make out the words. 🙄 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 18, 2021 7:30 am
Page 54 / 62
Share: