Notifications
Clear all

MT 30.5 - Where is the Catsup?

Page 32 / 46
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

The latest title is brought to you by James McMurtry btw. Last time I saw him live I think I was with Brofan.

You got to go to hell before you get to Heaven.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 2, 2021 6:45 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Ooh, a PT!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 2, 2021 6:45 am
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach
Posted by: @lee

The latest title is brought to you by James McMurtry btw. Last time I saw him live I think I was with Brofan.

Or it could have been with me at the Old Town School - we were in about the 3rd row and you spilled a beer quite loudly, if I remember right ....

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 2, 2021 12:23 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
World Class Peach

Greetings and saliva-lations! Razz  

"Y'all know the Fire Marshal...the cat that can't get the job as a policeman." Duane Allman

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 2, 2021 1:55 pm
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
World Class Peach

60 degrees due here for at least another week. After that 30 below crap, a refreshing respite. May be time for a cigar on the back patio. Smile  

"Y'all know the Fire Marshal...the cat that can't get the job as a policeman." Duane Allman

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 2, 2021 1:57 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

We still have snow in the front yard - but the deck is now clear ..... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 2, 2021 2:04 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach
Posted by: @sang

Or it could have been with me at the Old Town School - we were in about the 3rd row and you spilled a beer quite loudly, if I remember right ....

As Roger Clemons might say, I think you misremember.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 2, 2021 7:13 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

I want to say the last time I saw McMurtry was at Martyr's on Lincoln Ave but I could be wrong.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 2, 2021 7:16 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

So I have an interesting thing going with the IRS. I get the mail today and there is something from The Treasury. You can tell if it's something from them as their correspondence is very distinctive. My 2020 tax return is supposed to hit my account tomorrow, $1,001. Direct deposit. So this is a check. $544.83. I have no clue wott this is for . There is a note at the bottom of the check: 12/2019 Tax Refund. Included in this is interest of $15.83. 

I have no clue wott this is for. I just want my $1,001. So I might stay up until midnight to see if they put my grand into my account. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 2, 2021 7:26 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

They were probably late with last year's return - especially if you mailed it .   That's why they delayed filing this year - they were still processing last year's returns.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 2, 2021 11:23 pm
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

I still have a good memory - despite my age .... you definitely spilled a beer there - but I can see why you might forget .... Grinning  

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 2, 2021 11:27 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Gooooooooooooooooooooooood 'ol What if Cats & Dogs Had Opposable Thumbs Day? 😮 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 3, 2021 6:23 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

They were probably late with last year's return - especially if you mailed it .   That's why they delayed filing this year - they were still processing last year's returns.

Yeah, I'm an accountant as you may misremember. 😉 Well aware of wott you described including sending things through the mail. I received my 2019 refund last year including interest because it was late. Don't think I called for another one but they effed up last year and I still eventually got my 2019 refund so I don't know why they sent this check. I haven't received an actual check from the IRS since I was probably 25 years old. Always direct deposit.

Oh well, my 2020 refund was in my account as of midnight and now I guess I go to the bank and deposit this. A lot of people hate the IRS and I typically defend them as I've has to deal with them professionally and personally for years but sometimes they do some odd things. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 3, 2021 6:49 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Oh and go hit the links today. Early. Supposed to be in the 50s!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 3, 2021 6:52 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

We still have snow in the front yard - but the deck is now clear ..... 

Can't you shovel the front yard? 😛 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 3, 2021 8:10 am
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
World Class Peach

Yeah, and the HGH delivered to Clemens house was for his wife. Sulky  

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 3, 2021 10:56 am
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
World Class Peach

Good Morning!

Mmmmm, coffee.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 3, 2021 10:58 am
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Monday is supposed to be 60 - maybe playing golf Monday and Tuesday .... Smile  

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 3, 2021 1:06 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

@oldcoot

You might recall that photo shoot Clemens and his wife did for a magazine. I want to say it was Sports Illustrated. She was as ripped as him. She was hot though. 😉 

Hey, he didn't lie to Congress, the Grand Jury or wottever it was. He simply misremembered. McGwire dodged the questions altogether on advice from his attorneys. Palmiero flat out lied and nothing was done to him.

A lot of those guys were great players. Bonds and Clemens were HOFers anyway, but when guys like Brady Anderson and Luis Gonzalez are hitting 50 plus homers a year it does make you wonder.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 3, 2021 5:17 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Monday is supposed to be 60 - maybe playing golf Monday and Tuesday .... Smile  

I was asked if I was 60 today. I basically asked this guy if he was nuts and then he said, "65?". 😮 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 3, 2021 5:19 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooood 'ol Toy Soldier Day!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 4, 2021 7:01 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

I see everyone is still asleep. Almost my "lunch time". Almost nothing is open this early in The Loop these days, especially this early. Train station has a food court. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 4, 2021 10:20 am
oldcoot
(@oldcoot)
World Class Peach

Good Morning!

Lovely day here today the dog was nice enough to take me for a walk.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 4, 2021 11:26 am
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

Played indoor golf today, had a visit by my youngest son ... just a little bit of snow left now 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 4, 2021 6:41 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Gooooooooooooooooooooood 'ol Creme Egg Beer Day! 

And a cool name on the can! 😛 

This post was modified 1 month ago by Lee

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 5, 2021 6:49 am
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

It's made by Goose Island. I tried to order some but it doesn't seem to be available. Sang, you might like this. I ran across a limited edition brew they have. I don't think you can order this either and I wanted to.

https://www.gooseisland.com/beers/limited-release-beers/sox-golden-ale

I think there are two places that you could get to. Crestwood and somewhere between Oaklawn / Evergreen Park. I don't know the areas but you probably do.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 5, 2021 7:28 am
Sang
 Sang
(@sang)
World Class Peach

I've seen the Sox beer all over, but haven't bought any - I mostly buy stouts and porters.  Cutting back on flavored beers until I get my taste back... but I'll look for it. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 5, 2021 2:06 pm
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

I've seen the Sox beer all over, but haven't bought any - I mostly buy stouts and porters.  Cutting back on flavored beers until I get my taste back... but I'll look for it. 

Do you know when you are supposed to get your taste back? That has to be really weird.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 5, 2021 4:21 pm
harvey
(@harvey)
Ultimate Peach

Do you know when you are supposed to get your taste back? That has to be really weird.

I think the day Sang finally has taste will be well reported in the Chicago Tribune Wink  

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 5, 2021 6:16 pm
oldcoot and Sang liked
Lee
 Lee
(@lee)
Universal Peach

Goooooooooooooooooooooood 'ol Nothing To Say Day!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 6, 2021 6:31 am
Page 32 / 46
Share: